Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

NYC's CITYRAMA Bruge day trip from Paris- good???

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 1999, 08:59 AM
debbie

Would like to take New York City based, "Cityrama" (tour operator)trip from Paris to Bruges, Belgium;it's day trip. Anyone taken this? Good trip with Cityrama? Thank you.

Old May 25th, 1999, 12:03 AM
Herma de Wit

<BR>Debbie, I received your e-mail and replied, unfortunately the mail got back undelivered. So I reply via Fodors. In the end we took a Paris Vision tour because the Loir Valley tour was on a Tuesday and it fit into our tour programme. I can recommend the company. The bus, driver, guide everything was was excellent. We had a good lunch and really enjoyed the trip. I believe Cityrama is also a good choice - friends of mine took the Cityrama Versailles trip. You must go to Brugge - the only problem is the distance, but the bus is very comfortable. Enjoy the trip.

Old May 25th, 1999, 06:04 AM
kathy

<BR>Debbie, by all means make a trip to Brugge. We arrived into DeGaulle airport at 9AM, cleared customs, and took a train about 10:45 am and were in Brugge by 2PM - changing trains at Lille Nord. That was a very easy (5 minute walk to Lille Flanders; you see the other station from the station) and the train ride was an easy ride in the countryside. We returned the same route leaving at Brugge at 7:30am and arriving into Paris Nord about 10:30AM. There is a direct Thalys train (1 stop in Brussels) from Paris Nord you might want to consider. Sorry, don't have the times. However you can get to Brugge, go! What a magical city! Easy to navigate by yourself and so much to see. I loved the Lace Center! Although we weren't sure how to get there even after landing at CDG, we had no trouble and moved at our own pace. I know there are earlier trains to Brugge (did not fit our schedule) so the day could start earlier for you. Although a tour would be nice, armed with facts from the forum, you can see the city sites easily by yourself. Hope you get to include Brugge in your holiday.

Old May 25th, 1999, 06:14 AM
wes fowler

Debbie, <BR>Brugges is well worth a visit. It's an absolutely charming, easily walkable small city that is much as it was in the 16th century. The tourist office offers brochures that explicitly detail self-guided tours. There is no need for a guided tour. Once there, I'm sure you'd appreciate the freedom of choice and independence that a self guided tour offers. There are many, many places where you'll want to linger rather than get herded to the next sight. Do it yourself; at less cost and greater, more meaningful liesure. Email me directly and I can give you some suggestions of sights to see.

Old May 25th, 1999, 02:49 PM
debbie

Please note author's direct new e-mail as of May 25 '99.