Reload this Page >

Hotel Villa Franca - Positano

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 05:47 AM
Helen

Staying at the hotel villa franca, anyone been there? if yes...is it good?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:31 AM
Nancy

Dear Helen,<BR><BR>Didn't stay there - but went into lobby, restaurant and pool area and it looks delightful.<BR><BR>It was recommended by an Italian friend for future reference. We were staying in Sorrento at the time.<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:03 AM
Dianne

Hi,<BR>We stayed at Villa Franca last April for 5 days. It was delightful! Check out my post on rants and raves. If you have any other specific questions, let me know.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:23 AM
Angela

We stayed here last May and thought it was a great hotel. Very cheerily decorated with lots of lemon motifs and bright blue ceramic tiles. Its at the top of the road leading down to shopping and restaurants, but there are stairs right next to the hotel and also a shuttle service which will take you down and bring you back up. Also, they have a pool on the roof offering beautiful views. I think it was the best valued hotel we had in Italy.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 11:43 AM
Jessica

Hi Helen,<BR><BR>My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon in Oct. 2001. It is a very nice hotel with a wonderful staff. We did not get to try their restaurant because they were closing down for the season, but it looked very nice. Also, they have a very nice pool that is located on the top of the hotel and affords an awesome view of the area. One warning--the pool water is absolutely frigid! We had a nice time and I hope you do as well.<BR><BR>Jessica

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 12:05 PM
michelle

Charming hotel, make sure to get a room with a balcony facing the water. Nothing can beat breakfast brought to your balcony with that world class view. For such a small hotel I was surprised the service was not more personalized though; perhaps it was because it was late in the season and everyone was ready to take a break. Enjoy!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:30 AM
Mario

Great choice, I stayed there on my honeymoon in Sept 99. I agree with Michelle, get a room with a balcony facing the water.