Reload this Page >

Hotel Burgundy???

Search

Hotel Burgundy???

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2000, 08:01 AM
Phyl

Hotel Burgundy???

Planning a trip to Paris early June and we have reservations at the Hotel Burgundy, 8 rue Duphot, however, just noticed that they do not have air conditioning. As it is rather late to find another hotel in the area at the price range USD150/200 we would appreciate any helpful comments about the hotel, room size, staff, bathroom, cleanliness and the weather in early June. Hotel suggestions will also be appreciated. Thanks.

Old May 8th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Phil

I have stayed at the Burgundy twice: <BR>It has been refurbished in the mid- to late eighties. Rooms are definitely on the small side, cleanliness was all right. <BR> <BR>The restaurant was nothing to write home about and the staff was so-so. <BR> <BR>Location, however, can hardly be beaten: It is in a quiet side street of the 1st arrondissement within walking distance to the boulevards, the Louvre, the Madeleine and the musée d'Orsay. <BR> <BR>Weather in early June can vary from cold (in the fifties) to sweltering, there's no real way to predict. <BR> <BR>Enjoy yout trip <BR> <BR>Phil.

Old May 9th, 2000, 06:42 AM
Phyl

Thank you for you your prompt response, I really appreciate it. I have one more question, what are the bathrooms like, tiny, clean?

Old May 9th, 2000, 01:31 PM
Phil

The bathrooms are of different size, one time I had a bathroom almost the size of the bedroom, the other time it was middle-sized. They always have been clean. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps <BR> <BR>Phil

Old May 9th, 2000, 04:37 PM
phyl

Thanks Phil, your responses are appreciated.