My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon to Italy in a couple weeks. I have been reading up and trying to plan some good day trips from our hotel in Montepulciano since we will have a car the whole time there. We have never been to Europe/Italy, so we're excited to get out and see a lot. However, we also don't want to be in a car the entire trip.
Any advice on the second leg of our trip below would be greatly appreciated!
Leg 1: Venice (3 nights)
Leg 2: Montepulciano/Tuscany (4 nights)
-Day Trip #1: drive to Volterra, spend 3-4 hours, drive to Sienna, spend 5 hours, drive back to hotel in Montepulciano
-Day Trip #2: drive to St. Antimòs Abbey to watch Gregorian Chants at 9AM, stop in Montalcino, San Quirico d'Orcia, and Pienza on the way back to Montepulciano
-Day Trip #3: drive to Assisi, spend 4-6 hours, drive to Cortona, spend 2-3 hours, drive back to Montepulciano.
-Day Trip #4: drive to Civita di Bagnoregio early in the morning, spend 2 hours, drive to Orvieto, spend 2 hours. Catch train to Rome at 12:00p
Leg 3: Rome (4 nights)
Some of my questions of the bat:
1. Is this too much driving?
2. If yes above, what should we cut? (Is Volterra/Assisi/Orvieto worth it)
3. Any other advice based on what you see?
Map of our honeymoon including these day trips:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG @ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 9 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 Paris Apartment
- 14 Visit to France
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 17 Trains - website?
- 18 Which Area in London?
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 family trip to Germany and more
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 23 Packing Champagne
- 24 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 25 Milan airport--which one