Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Mostyn (London) or Best Western Bergere Opera (Paris)?

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Mostyn (London) or Best Western Bergere Opera (Paris)?

May 24th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed recently at these hotels? My elderly aunt and her companion just decided (while their health is relatively, temporarily, stable) to book a trip to London and Paris this June. At this late date, and with a limited budget, their travel agent booked these hotels. They do want air-conditioning and elevators (cleanliness, convenience, etc., too!)
Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels? Are they in a relatively safe area? Any comments?
Thanks!
May 24th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Airlawgirl

Kathryn-go to tripadvisor.com and plug in the names of the hotels. You'll see very good reviews overall for the Mostyn.

May 24th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Airlawgirl. I did as you suggested, and feel pretty good about the Mostyn but wonder if anyone else has an opinion.

The Opera Bergere, however, doesn't sound too good but I'm hoping someone has been there recently and feels it is acceptable.
May 25th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

ttt
May 25th, 2004, 02:33 PM

One other factor that seems most important: how are the bathrooms configured? Are they safe and convenient for elderly people? Maybe get some specifics from the hotels.

I think if the hotels have air conditioning, elevators, and safe bathrooms, they will work fine.
May 25th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Good point, WillTravel, I hadn't thought of that. You did bring to mind some miniscule bathrooms that were almost impossible to navigate. I will contact the hotels - thanks!