Lisbon - private tour company rec

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to Lisbon next month with a group of 10. Some of us want to hire a tour company for a trip to Fatima. I've researched some of the offerings and found what we are looking for with Viator Tours and Inside Lisbon tours. They are about the same price for our group. We do not want to do this tour with a big group on a big bus, but we want the experience of hearing about what we are seeing from someone who knows the area. I realize that Viatour is not conducting the tours but hiring a different company to do that (at least that was what I understand from my research, I could be wrong).

Has anyone had experience with either of these companies or know of another one that you would recommend? Thanks!
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

topping!
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM

You're correct! Viator Tours is a broker, nothing more, but they do provide a service.

I'm not familiar with Inside Lisbon Tours, but have some knowledge of Lisbon Tour Guides (www.lisbontourguides.pt), Lisboa Sightseeing (lisboasightseeing.com) and Paulo Coelho of AJSA Tours Portugal. One of the highest rated tour companies is Tours For You (toursforyou.pt).

They all offer private tours to Fatima.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Robert! I will check them out.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

We booked a tour with Top Ten Tours. It has gotten good reviews, so hopefully it is a good experience. They are very prompt with their e-mail responses!
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 01:14 PM

Since they haven't been around that long, it would appear that someone may have been flooding the cruise blogs late last year, and although they list a review on TA in March of 2012, TA shows the first postings on 13 April 2013. The domaine was first registered on 22 August 2011, expires next week, and has not yet been renewed.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Original Poster

Back from Lisbon and our tour with Top Ten Tours was awesome! The guide, Alex, was very knowledgeable and friendly. We took the trip to Fátima, Óbidos and Batalha. He picked us up at our apartment at 9 and we got home around 6. They are a small company and can customize trips to meet the desires of the group. I would recommend them highly and will definitely use them again the next time I am in Lisbon.

http://www.toptentours.eu/
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Glad to see you had a good time.
Old Jan 20th, 2014, 04:54 AM

Just recently visited Lisbon and i contacted Lisbonhost to provide a tour when i would arrive to the port (i dont like those large shore tours organized inside the cruize). I was informed by some friends that David (the owner) was a great guide and that they loved the experience in Lisbon and he had been really helpful.

So, i did follow their advice and contacted Lisbonhost (they have a nice site..http://lisbonhost.com/) and arranged a private day trip to Sintra, Cascais and Estoril for me and my husband.

9 am, we get out of the boat and there was this joyful young guy waiting for us with a beautiful smille holding our name in a card.
Everything was just wonderful, he told us soo much about the city, we visit the romantic Sintra, got to know all the mysterious stories, visit the beautiful city of Cascais, Estoril, and came back safe, happy and really safistied with the day.

Total recommend David and his team of Lisbonhost

Thanks for a great day
Jessica