Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Golf trip to Ireland...here's my fine tuned packing list. Am I forgetting anything?

Search

Golf trip to Ireland...here's my fine tuned packing list. Am I forgetting anything?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Ireland from June 27-July 12th and I am going to be packing in a 21" suitcase and carrying on a duffle.

This is also a golf trip so I'm going put all my golf shoes, hat and rain suit, balls etc. in my golf travel bag.

I just put everything in my little suitcase and believe it or not, I think it's going to fit. As you all suggested, I bought the 2 gallon plastic bags to put clothing in so I could squish it down and get the air out...seems to work great and leaves alot more room.

So, here's my list: Am I forgetting anything???

3 turtle necks: black, white & blue
Navy blue & red fleece vests
Red cotton sweater, black cashmere sweater
3 pairs pant: Black dockers, brown corduroys,~ blue jeans (do I need a pair of khakis too??)
2 tee shirts
3 pairs shoes: black walking boots-brown cole hahn loafers~ black skechers-& flip flops
fleece hat, gloves
black/grey reversible jacket (carry on)
1 small handbag
1 umbrella/in golf bag
1 pair of tights/long underwear top
5 pairs of socks
2 pairs of undies/2 bras
1 pair of pj's/skinny robe
2 pairs of glasses plus sunglasses
Camera/film
lint remover
cuticle clippers, emery board, nail clippers
handiwipes
first aid kit/ needle and thread/ safety pins
small flashlight
ear plugs
small bottle of laundry soap
hand/body lotion

Whaddaya think??
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 12:52 PM

I also pack a washcloth in a ziplock bag. I missed having one very much on my first trip abroad.

Congrats on getting so much in such small quarters!
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 12:58 PM

You are GOOD! We've sometimes had warm, sunny weather in Ireland in July. I wonder if you might want to add a T-shirt or two? I'd add a pair of khakis if you have space, but I don't think it's essential.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Hi Gracie...Thanks! That's a big help. I'll be sure and take one of those light little puffie guys (that should pack well) and a bar of soap.

Mary: Tee shirts will most definitely be on the list...and if anyway possible I'll stick that extra pair of Kahaki's.

Do you think I have to bring shorts??

I'm packing light because I have NO choice. We are 2 couples traveling with luggage and golf clubs. We'll be running along side the car if we don't leave the hot rollers at home.
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 01:45 PM

In addition to the personal products which I'm assuming you deliberately didn't list but do have (toothbrush, deodorant, etc.), I'd suggest some band-aids, tissues, sunblock, and possibly a small travel alarm clock if you need one. Have a great trip!
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 01:58 PM

I usually take a pair of shorts in the summer, but I don't remember ever actually wearing them. It wouldn't hurt if you can cram a pair in, but you'll probably be just fine without them. Can you take an extra bag of some sort for the stuff you'll buy in Ireland?
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

jv...my hubbie has one of those watches that has a alarm on it so I'll let him handle that.
Tissues! yep..i need some of those travel pack tissues.
Thanks for that heads up...

Mary...I guess I'll forget the shorts.
I think that I'll probably try and stuff my golf bag with souveniors. We have tee times at 3 golf courses, Ballybunion, Royal County Down and Lahinch and I think I need a golf towel from each one ;0)
I really don't think I'd have room for an empty bag in my suitcase but I'll see.