My 11 yr old son, OH and I will be in Bilbao on Fri 26 Oct to 30 Oct 2012. Due to my ignorance and lack of knowledge of Spanish geography, I had booked to go to Bilbao thinking it will be warmer than the UK (never been to Spain before). It's only after booking the tickets and hotel, I read on the internet that Bilbao is in northern Spain and the weather will be like Ireland! Imagine my dismay; going from 1 wet place to another. However, I very quickly perked up and got very excited when I read about Bilbao and San Sebastian's (an hour's bus journey away) famed pintxos. Can't afford the michelin star dining. I love eating. Can't wait to go there now.
Reading some of the Bilbao postings, I gather Sunday is a slow day and may not be a good day for dining as quite a number of places may be closed. If that is the case, should I spend the day, Sun 28 Oct 2012 in San Sebastian or is it the same situation ie. most pintxos restaurants will be closed. Is it better to go to San Sebastian on Monday 29 Oct 2012 instead?
My 11 year old was happy when I told him we are going on an eating holiday; not a sightseeing holiday. I presume it is ok for him to go in to a pintxos bar with us ie. no restrictions because of alcohol.
As an aside, can anyone recommend what/where I can take my 11 year old? He loves planes.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO @Password Reset Contact 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care24/7
- 2 AVG @ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 GTG Paris December 2017
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 10 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 Visit to France
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 family trip to Germany and more
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 24 Packing Champagne
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!