Reload this Page >

is this possible?

Search

is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:48 PM
kim

is this possible?

would it be possible to leave rome very early, drive through the amalfi coast (or would it be better to take a bus?), quickly see pompeii quickly and then drive up to florence to spend the night if we are in a rush?<BR><BR>or do we need to spend the night in sorento? i would rather not but if that is too much.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:21 PM
xxx

Gotta be a ta-roll!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:34 PM
Rex

Troll? Heavens no. kim has posted other reasonable questions about this planned trip with her parents over the last day or two. And this one is not REALLY unreasonable.<BR><BR>Sure it's possible; is it what you and your parents want? Let's assume for a moment that you have already rented the car the day before. You'll have to find a garage to put it in overnight - - that will cost you 15-25 dollars. Not necessarily a killer. Hopefully it's a place you can walk to in a reasonable amount of time - - or worse comes to worse, you might have to cab to the parking facility (the big "sotteraneo" at Borghese, for example).<BR><BR>You might want to buy some breakfast items to keep in the room because the hotel won't likely be keen on serving you SUPER early.<BR><BR>So, maybe you leave at 5:30 or 6. You can be to Vietra sul Mare before 9 - - maybe even by 8 (I hope I have the name of that right). Now what does "driving the Amalfi coast" mean? at a minimum, 90 minutes to drive out a certain ways and come back - - or 4-5 hours to make a big circle going all the way out the Sorrento peninsula, stopping here and there and looping back around to get to Pompeii.<BR><BR>How much stamina will you have? You could be at Pompeii by noon or 3 pm; 2-4 hours there is better than none. Few people spend all day there.<BR><BR>Now you've still got dinner to eat and a good 4-5 hours to drive. So, yes it can be done.<BR><BR>Just don't run them ragged like this every day for all ten days!<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:52 PM
Vincenzo

Kim,<BR>please: slow time! To see Pompei quickly is not good: Pompei deserves the whole day, if you want appreciate it. Now there is another branch to visit, Terma Suburbana, very interesting.<BR>To spend the night in Sorrento is a smart solution.<BR>Feel free e-mail me if you meed some help.<BR>Ciao.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:03 PM
x

Please, don't put a meaningful topic in the subject area--keep it a secret!