I'm planning a trip to the Pyrenees from Nov25 to Dec5 with my girlfriend. The very tentative, work-in-progress itinerary I've been working on has us flying into Barcelona, renting a car, and driving to Foix, France the next day. From there we're driving up to Toulouse to meet a friend for two days and then driving Southwest to another TBD small French town before crossing into Spain and going to Torla and possibly Arties or Taull (I figure about 4 days for this stuff. We need to have the car back in Barcelona around Dec1/Dec2 to board flight to Portugal for last leg). I'm really open to suggestions in terms of towns. We, stereotypically enough, favor the storybook villages (Hey, it's a couples trip—what do you expect?)
One of my major hang-ups is driving conditions in the Pyrenees this time of year. I've been reading that they can be quite treacherous, which gives me pause. I'm an experienced driver in the US but definitely not on difficult roads. Is traveling by road in the Pyrenees in late November a poor idea? Should I bump this trip up to the last week of October (which would be a little more complicated because of work)?
Appreciate any and all help.
Less Naive American in Training
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 2 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 3 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 land vs river cruise
- 6 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 7 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 8 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 9 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 10 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 14 Iceland tours from Keflavik
- 15 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 16 The World's Greatest Churches
- 17 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 18 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Portugal
- 21 Paris November 2017
- 22 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 23 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 paris to london- day trip