Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Dining reservations-Provence & Cote d'Azur??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are reservations a must at restaurants in/around Arles & St Paul de Vence. We would like to dine or lunch in Eze at I can't remember the name of the great restaurant that everyone is always talking about! Do you need lunch reservations too?
Thanks for your tips.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 09:42 AM

La Chevre d'Or; I would make a reservation for lunch. There's a beautiful terrace, but you can also sit indoors, which you won't want if the weather is good, so book in advance!
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 09:47 AM

Reservations are always a good idea at "big" restaurants, and having them makes restaurants glad to see you.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Original Poster

Would reservations a day or two in advance be enough OR should I do this before leaving the U.S.?
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 07:53 PM

A day or two in advance should suffice nicely, assuming you're not going to go to any of the Michelin-starred restaurants--come to think of it, the restaurant at the Château de la Chèvre d'Or has 2 stars. For that one reserve as far in advance as possible for dinner.

Once you're in Provence you can just telephone ahead for reservations. If you decide to try the Café de Turin in Nice, give at least a day's notice; it's always full.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 07:15 AM
sandi

I would definitely make reservations. You can have the concierge at your hotel handle this for you. Give the hotel the dates of when you would like to eat what (lunch or dinner) and where. They should have options.

When we visited, in October, we had difficulty getting the days we wanted at Beaumaniere in Les Baux, Le Jardin Frederic in St. Remy, even at Clos Violette in Aix. Luckily we had more that a few days to work around, and did have wonderful experiences at all.

Reservations, yes, very good idea to do this.