Shipping From Barcelona

Search

Shipping From Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipping From Barcelona

We are taking a transatlantic cruise in May and end in Barcelona. After a few days in Barcelona we are going to Paris for a couple weeks. I'd like to send a small suitcase home from Barcelona with our cruising clothes to avoid carrying them. Any experiences or thoughts on this? I can't seem to find a cost for shipping UPS. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rob
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM

It will be expensive but doable. You can easily get the price by going to the UPS, FedEx, etc., web site and plugging in the information for an international shipment. It is easily. I just did it. -- Shipping, International tools.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 09:55 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We went to a DHL center in Barcelona to check on prices for shipping when we were there. They were so expensive that we skipped the shipping option.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Shipping a suitcase is silly. If you must, pack the clothes in a box and bring it, unsealed, to the parcel window of the post office. This may be a building set apart from the regular post office. Go through the motions with the postal folks. Mailing from Spain has been the most difficult and complicated of my many postal adventures in Europe. There are still some incidents of terror.

Why don't you just bring the clothes to a local church and donate them to the needy?
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM

We've shipped luggage numerous time (once from Barcelona to the US) using a service called LuggageFree (www.luggagefree.com).

It is NOT INEXPENSIVE but very convenient. They send an agent to pick up the suitcase(s) at a pre-set time (within a 2 hour window) and will give you a specific date and time (again a 2 hour window) for delivery. For us it's worked perfect every time.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM

If you want to ship the bag through the post office, it will be far cheaper to ship it from France than Spain. You'll also have to pack the clothes in one of the French Postal Service boxes instead of shipping them in your luggage.

You can check with UPS regarding the cost of shipping your luggage, but it will not be cheap.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you everybody. Seeing Icelandic Air allows two bags per person we will lug the extra stuff.