Long time lurker here, was hoping to get some Fodorite advice in terms of itinerary.
We are spending a few weeks in Europe (from Australia). We have only six nights in the South of France (fly into Nice), in early August.
- Cannes - 3 Nights (Also includes a day trip to Monaco and surrounds)
- St Tropez - 2 Nights
- Nice - 1 Night
While I know that on Fodors, Nice always wins the Nice vs Cannes battles - but we've had a number of friends (similar tastes to ours) visit recently, and they all preferred Cannes. Similar for Monaco - we know there are nicer places, but would still like to visit there.
I suppose my main question is regarding St Tropez. Tossing up between one or two nights there. We love the idea of Club 55, Nikki Beach, etc - but not sure whether one day/night would be sufficient, particularly given the immense summer traffic we'd have to deal with getting in and out. Two nights we can put our feet up and relax, one night could be too rushed - but it means we could spend an extra night in Nice.
Appreciate your input!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 6 My France Vacation
- 7 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 8 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 9 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 12 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 13 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 14 Poland--where else to go
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 10 days in europe
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 19 Trans Siberian Train
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 23 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens