Reload this Page >

Comfortable Women's Boots

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:38 PM
candice

Has anyone else noticed how uncomfortable women's boots (the ones that look nice and not like hikers) are? <BR><BR>I want to find a good, fashionable, ankle high pair that is weather proof (or at least weather resistant) and also offers support that you can walk all day in. <BR><BR>Any suggestions? I'm having a really hard time with this one. I tried LLBean and they have hard soles. No room for insoles either. <BR>My trip to Amsterdam and London is coming up and I want to be able to break them in before I go. <BR>I'm all ears (or in this case, eyes). <BR>Thanks!<BR>

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:44 PM
boot

Nope. Don't know any fashionable boots that can withstand walking all day. Echos are great for my feet and they even have some fairly fashionable over the ankle shoes that can be waterproofed, but only the Ecco gortex hikers can get me through the day without sore feet. Why not take two pairs, and use the hikers for museum trips and sightseeing?

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:46 PM
sightseer

I love my Ecco boots. I bought them a few years ago and they're still holding up great. When traveling in cold weather locations, I pair them up with a pair of wool socks and have never had cold or wet feet.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Whatsup

Yea! I was looking for a nice pair of comfortable boots with heals for a trip to London and never found a pair that didn't kill my feet.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 03:18 PM
Lesli

I have a pair of stylish yet comfortable black, ankle-high boots with about a 1 1/2-inch heel (thicker, rather than stilleto type) that have taken me all over France and Scotland on my last couple of trips, both of which included chilly, rainy weather.<BR>They have a removable orthotic-type insole.<BR><BR>The brand is called Sudini - made in Italy, available at Nordstrom or on-line from several retailers. I think I paid about $100 US on sale. They're probably at least $150 at full price, but worth it.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Susanna

Surely Merrill makes something! Or try Solomon. Happy feet are SO important!

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 04:42 PM
foot

And I hate my Eccos.They absolutley kill me!Only you can find the shoe that suits you. <BR><BR>And you may have to try a LOT before you do.<BR><BR>You will get at least 25 brands recommended, starting from $50.00 to 200.00 , but price is not the right criteria. Take your feet shopping.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Marilyn

Try Riekers. German made I believe. Mine are ankle high, deliberately built with room for insert insoles, and quite comfortable. They are very basic, could be worn with a skirt but strictly casual.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Mel

Try White Mountain. My black leather ankle boots have the square toe and chunky heel and are very, very comfortable. I also like their clogs (and Clark's).

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:20 PM
candice

Thanks everybody - now I've got somewhere to start. Has anyone shopped at Zappos? Looks like a really cool shoe site.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Denise

Another vote for Eccos. I have a square toed pair with chunky heels and can walk all day and night in them.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:14 PM
Jen

About a month ago, I bought a pair of Rockports, black, 1.5 inch heel with a rubber sole. These are definitely the most comfortable boots i've ever owned. They are water resistant and have held up well on San Francisco streets. I always put gel insoles in my shoes, but these don't need them. I can't remember the style name, but they've got very noticeable orange lining on the inside. Plus, they look absolutely great.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 10:08 PM
xxx

Boots by Naturalizer or Easy Spirit are pretty comfortable.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 07:05 AM
jetset

Candice:<BR>I agree with Mel, I just bought last week a White MOuntain books - a waterproof! I'm off to France next week for two weeks. I've been shopping around looking for comfortable shoes, tried them on in the store but besides being too pricey did not feel comfy with some of it. I went to Marshalls, a discount store in DC area where I found them reduced at $39.99!!<BR>I've been wearing them since last week when we had a snow storm and yesterday an ice storm - a great shoes!!<BR>

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:34 PM
candice

Okay - I bought a couple different pairs of Ecco boots from Zappos.com. That is a cool site by the way. The only Sudini boots I could find were the tall kind, and those don't work well for me. <BR>Now, anyone have an idea on where/brand I can find a 3/4 length mid-heavy wool coat with hood? Or a 3/4 length weather/raincoat with a WARM liner with a hood? <BR>All I can find are either full length or 1/2 length. I want to use them in Amsterdam in January wearing a sweater/turtleneck underneath. Thanks!

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 03:12 PM
raisin

try jcrew.com for coats...they have a variety of styles with Thinsulate for extra warmth<BR><BR>(although keep in mind, most of the ones i remember seeing are wool--which might not be the best material for rainy weather)<BR><BR>good luck and have a GREATTTT time!!!

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 04:02 PM
scarlett

Hi candice,<BR>my favorite boots this winter are a pair of black knee high faux riding boots. Lug soles and not such a pointy toe, they have a good look with pants or skirts.<BR> There is a brand from Canada called Santana and they are high fashion and water proof. I got a few pairs at Nordstroms.<BR>Good luck!<BR>Scarlett

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Book Chick

For coats, you might want to try Chadwick's of Boston catalogue or online. They have a lot of coats of all kinds.<BR><BR>Happy Travels,<BR>BC

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Dr Martens

www.docmartens.com

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 06:28 PM
warm

Have you thought about a microfiber coat instead of wool? Microfiber is lightweight, comes in available in a variety of styles, at a variety of prices, and is easy to find hooded. Also, it doesn't wrinkle. It is at least water resistent and is breathable. Expensive versions (like Gore-tex) are waterproof. One place to look is on the Norm Thompson web site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -