Search

London Trip with family of 4

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 10:38 AM
rhy
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Trip with family of 4

We are planning to visit London this August (2 adults, 2 teens). We are thinking that an apartment rental would be cheaper than a hotel for 4. Any suggestions for lodging and day trips from London
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 10:40 AM

somebody already replied to you earlier post of the same request. CLick on your user name if you can't find it.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 10:49 AM

We rented the top floor of a victorian home (3 bedrooms/1 bath) in a west london suburb for a great price a couple of years ago, used http://www.athomeinlondon.co.uk

Greenwich, Oxford, Cotswolds, Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle are all great daytrips from London.
Old Apr 20th, 2005, 11:33 AM
aggiemom

Hello rhy. My husband and I took our three girls (17, 16 and 14) to England last October and rented a house directly on the Thames in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire. It was heaven! We rented a car and took day trips (about 1-1/2 hr max one way) to Bath; Canterbury (my favorite); London (drove car to London and parked: then used the tube) and other places I cannot recall right now. I booked the home through the internet on www.cottageguide.co.uk and dealt directly with the owner. We paid 600 GBP for one week. It was three bedrooms, two baths, full (but small) kitchen, washer/dryer. Not luxurious by American standards but very clean and well-supplied. We were able to watch the rowers every morning on the Thames and have our tea. Two other websites that I have looked at but have not used are:uk-holiday-cottages.co.uk and www.cottagenet.co.uk. (Note: that is .co NOT .com.) I'd be happy to answer any more questions if you're interested in hearing what we did. The trip was a great success and coming home every night to a house when we wanted was wonderful. We could spread out, and it was very quiet. If quiet is not what you want, there are many, many places in large cities, London included, but they do run more money. Just get all the details before you book and send money.

Old Apr 20th, 2005, 02:39 PM

I posted some contacts for London flats on your other thread.