My husband, 8 month old son and I are travelling for a month and will be renting a vehicle in three different locations.
We were looking at renting through AutoEurope / Kemwel. For the most part, I have heard good things.
My one concern: when you look at the total quoted price for both providers, they are (on average) $80-$100 cheaper then renting directly through Enterprise.
The total on the Enterprise webpage includes charges related to:
- Premium location fee (my guess, because we are picking up from airport?)
- Vehicle License Fee
Now, on AE/Kemwel, they do include VAT but exclude the other two that Enterprise charges for.
I have heard some people being 'ripped off' when it came time to pay. Is this because of the additional fees that Enterprise already has included?
Are we safe to book through AE/Kemwel, have you had any problems?
I am also aware of the added fees for highway tolls. And, have heard that diesel cars are cheaper on fuel than gas ones...
Your help is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP printer I~800~681:7208 installations contact HP Tec*h supp0rt 24/7 vs
- 2 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 3 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 4 Lyceum theatre London
- 5 Wierd Europe map
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 8 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 10 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 11 Transportation in Brittany
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Paris Apartment
- 16 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 17 Milan airport--which one
- 18 Which Area in London?
- 19 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 20 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 21 Visit to France
- 22 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 23 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 24 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 25 family trip to Germany and more