Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can a CDN buy a London Visitor's pass online?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 09:46 AM
jane

It says on the website that its for certain countries only...and Canada is not one of them. I would like a 7 day pass for Central London....anyone know how to get one?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Jen

Sorry, I don't know -- but there's really no big advantage over buying a regular 7-day pass once you arrive, so it won't be a disaster if you have to wait.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:23 PM

topping

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:36 PM
xxx

When you get to London, go to any tube station and buy your travelcard.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:55 PM
xxx

Which website are you looking at?<BR>Anytime I have seen information about these cards, it doesn't seem they are more economical than just buying a travelcard once you are in London.And the Visitor card actually costs a bit more than the ones available once you are in London.<BR>Nor have I ever seen anything to say that the Visitor cards were not available to Canadians.<BR>Maybe what you are reading means that the online site selling the Visitor Travelcard is in the US and so the prices are only quoted in USD.<BR>If you want to buy a Visitor card rather than wait until you are in London , I imagine that can use your credit card and when you receive your statement the amount charged will have been recalculated in Canadian dollars.<BR>I am sure the card can be mailed to your address in Canada.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 04:08 PM
ttrainz

Here is the site for Canadians to use to order the London Visitor travel Card.<BR>http://www.raileurope.com/canada/rai...ravel_card.htm