Reload this Page >

Cheapest Car Rental

Search

Cheapest Car Rental

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Sandi

Cheapest Car Rental

We are thinking of renting a car in Florence and driving to Assisi for a couple of days. Cars seem to be very expensive for such a short time. Is there a particular company that offers short-term rentals that aren't so expensive?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:21 AM
Patrick

Go to www.autoeurope.com and check with them, or call them at 1-800-223-5555. I usually have the best luck for short term rentals with them.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:45 AM
Liz

Patrick, do the rates change much at autoeurope? Do they have "sales"? I'm wondering if there is any chance rates will go down for a car rental in early June (in Austria).

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:52 AM
Lynn

http://www.railtrains.com/02_single/...rail_drive.htm

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:53 AM
Lynn

Sorry, above message was incomplete. Check out the rail 'n drive options at above website.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:13 AM
Maria

Sandi--<BR> Yes, they do offer sales on autoeurope, but if you find that it occurs after you've booked and paid for a rental, they will refund you the difference. At least, they did it for us last May when we rented from them. We were very pleased with the service and the car that we got from them and will definitely use them again for our upcoming trip.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:54 AM
Helen

Just keep in mind Auto Europe will only rent for minimum of three days. Found that out looking for one day rentals for ports we stop at on cruise. H