Husband and I will be driving from Tuscany direction to the Cinque Terre region in late June to stay for 3-4 nights and we would like advice for where to stay with parking options to leave our car, and will give us easy day and night access to the cinque terre.
We are price conscious (prefer less than 130euros/night). Some of the posts here date back to 2001 and im hoping some fodorites would have more recent experiences and updated advice.
For example, some areas that pop up are Portovenere, Lerici, La Spezia or even one of the 5 CT villages have stays with parking options???? does anyone have particular advice on which areas are good? we also value hearing what problems people had (e.g., do the CT boat and train services finish early? don't want to end up stranded on the CT after enjoying a dinner and not being able to get back to our accommodation?). Specific hotel reccommendations also welcome.
Thanks in Advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lexmark printer 1800 681 7208 installations contact lexmark techh care
- 2 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 3 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 4 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 5 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 6 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 7 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 10 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 11 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 12 First time in Spain
- 13 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 14 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 15 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 18 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 23 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 24 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 25 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
Best home-base to stay (w/a car) to visit cinque terre in late june?