Besides Lladro's

Search

Besides Lladro's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Besides Lladro's

What other type of souviner can I expect to be able to bring back from barcelona area? Anything really neat to the city or area?
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 09:09 PM

At Ramblas, 72 is F. Bonet(or was it Thonet?), the oldest mens' shirt shop in town. It is a tiny Art Nouveau structure and beautiful to see even if you don't buy a thing. But my husband found some very nice shirts, a belt and a jacket there. All high quality and beautiful. The lady who helped us was charming, and she was the granddaughter of the original owner! Whenever he wears those clothing articles we are transported back to that shop, and also to the very nice day we wandered down the Ramblas.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My cousins live near Barcelona and we visited them several years ago. Some of the traditional items we brought back were a bota bag lined with the goat fur inside, not the cheap ones here in the US lined in plastic. We also brought back a poron(sp?) which is made of glass but works on the same premise as a bota bag or you can pour from it. Also look for local ceramics!! Good luck and have fun
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 05:29 AM

Something unique to Spain is what's called Toledo gold. In addition to jewelry, they have items like pens and letter openers. I'm sure you'll be able to find them near Barcelona, even though they are from the Madrid area. They are relatively small and lightweight. And anyone who has been to Spain will recognize them and start talking about Spain.
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 06:25 AM

You should really have no problem coming up w good souveniers to buy in Barcelona...however, there's a good shop right off las Ramblas that sells really nice handwoven stuff and plates. For some reason, plates are really big there. Toledo gold should be easy to find there, but i recommend that you go to Madrid or Toledo to buy this, it's expensive in Barcelona. Also, at night off las Ramblas alot of the artists and painters set up little tents and sell their goods...I bought so much stuff there when I went. Don't forget to try paella