Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

What room should I ask for for Hotel Grandes Ecoles???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 02:39 AM
Kimerley

Eagerly waiting for the 15/3 to finally book a triple room with ensuite at Grandes Ecoles for July.Can anyone suggest the "best" room to ask for. Ideally one with a view of the garden, but ultimately one that is quiet. <BR>The wait is killing me, I booked all our Italy accommodation in October!

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 03:04 AM
Dan Starkey

Are you certain you can actually get in to the hotel? They've begun extensive renovations this week, and as a result are 'full.' It's a wonderful hotel, and most any room location will be good -- if you can get it. I'd call immediately.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 01:20 AM
Kimerley

Dan, I have emailed them re booking but they will only taking bookings for July from March 15! An absolute pain. Be assured they will get my booking details at 00.01 on the 15/3! <BR>Failing that can anyone reccommend anywhere near this hotel that will take 3 people in 3 single beds with ensuite. We are not keen on pull out beds etc...

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 04:06 PM
Kimerley

Have booked the room!

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 05:05 PM
steve

There's a great article in the most recent National Geographic Traveller about inexpensive hotels in Paris. The Grandes Ecoles is one they mention and with each hotel they say which are the best rooms. I don't have the magazine here or I'd tell you what they say, but it's on newstands now.