7 Day Road trip along the coast, starting at Girona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2011, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're (myself and 3 friends) have booked a trip to Girona for the end of April. We have hired a car for the 7 days we are there are trying to plan where we should head to. Our first stop will be Valencia (1 night) and then it's all a little tricky from there.

We're looking for nice beaches which are filled with young students but have a few nice local bars and restaurants. Ideally we dont want to travel for more than 2/3 hours a day in the car and would be happy to stay somewhere for a few nights.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 05:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first thing to realise is that Girona to Valencia is about 270 miles and around 4 hours away. You will drive straight past Barcelona, one of the greatest places in Spain, without a stop?

Barcelona is just about an hour away and 60 miles, so it must be your first stop, but only if you aren't going to see Girona town or the Bay of Roses etc. What I'm trying to say is that you need to rethink your week, especially if you don't want to spend it all behind the wheel.

Are you flying back out of Girona at the end of your week? Whilst Valencia is a nice place, what's the attraction there for you and why fly into Girona to go there, when it has a perfectly good airport?

Let's assume that you are flying out of Girona, so this would be (one of)my suggestion(s)--there are lots of others:

Day 1 Land Girona, stay overnight at Tossa de Mar
Day 2 Tossa de Mar and Bay and overnight
Day 3-5 Drive or bus down to Barcelona (ditch car) 3 nights for all the city has to offer including beaches and nightlife
Day 6 Back up to Calella or Malgrat for an overnight
Day 7 Airport