Best scenery of Stubai Alps

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Innsbruck I'll be visiting the Grawa Wasserfall as well as whatever else I come across on a photography trip in about a week. My question is this: Where would be the most dramatic, take your breath away, majestic spot you would recommend for capturing some images around the Stubai Alps? A view with some elevation and valleys would be a plus. More specifically I'm looking for a spot or two that doesn't require a lengthy hike away from the car. (A small town or especially a landmark would work) I found a Gasthaus called Falbesoner Nockalm that is exactly what I'm looking for but I can't tell if it's accessible by car plus I'm not a guest there. Here's a sample image from Google Maps:

view

Any place that's within easy striking distance to the Wasserfall would be appreciated..thanks all!
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:25 AM

fourfourtravel or anyone help OP?
Old May 9th, 2018, 10:34 PM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
It does not appear that Falbesoner Nockalm is accessible by car. The hike to the Alm from Ranalt is 1.5km and is described as "moderate;" it looks like you are climbing 350 m over the distance. You can read the details here: https://www.outdooractive.com/en/sea...esoner+Nockalm

You can also access nearby hikes from Grawa on the outdooractive.com site. Using the filters, "Top," and "Nice Views," and perhaps "Round Tour" should yield possibilities.

Not what you asked for, but since Tirol is our favorite state in Austria...Seefeld in Tirol has several hikes with spectacular views (photo attached from last summer's outing). This particular hike can be done both ways; we "cheated" and took the Rösshuttebahn to the top and then hiked down (12km). Further away, perhaps hikes around Sölden in the Ötztal? I can't comment directly on them until the end of the summer, when we'll hit several of the trails.

Happy Planning!

Old May 10th, 2018, 05:51 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fourfortravel
Not what you asked for, but since Tirol is our favorite state in Austria...Seefeld in Tirol has several hikes with spectacular views (photo attached from last summer's outing). This particular hike can be done both ways; we "cheated" and took the Rösshuttebahn to the top and then hiked down (12km). Further away, perhaps hikes around Sölden in the Ötztal? I can't comment directly on them until the end of the summer, when we'll hit several of the trails.

That's very beautiful!!! Yes, this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I would also be cheating as I won't be there for leisurely hikes or R&R. That's not to say it'll be all work and no play but I'd basically get to where I need to be, setup my tripod, snap snap snap, breath in, breath out, pick up a wild flower, have a drink of water, and then head back to the car for my next destination.

Originally Posted by fourfortravel
It does not appear that Falbesoner Nockalm is accessible by car. The hike to the Alm from Ranalt is 1.5km and is described as "moderate;" it looks like you are climbing 350 m over the distance. You can read the details here: https://www.outdooractive.com/en/sea...esoner+Nockalm
Yea I was afraid of that. My heart was in the right place though. The incoming weather forecasts don't look very promising so I may be changing around my strategy .

Last edited by tailsock; May 10th, 2018 at 05:55 AM.
Old May 11th, 2018, 05:08 AM
Original Poster

So I gave up on this idea and found something that offers similar views of what I'm after. I found this view on a mountain road in Ganalm which is not far from Innsbruck. Thanks for the feedback.

Ganalm
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:00 AM

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Walking to Ganalm will certainly be an easy-peasy way to view the Karwendel range. But, please don't pick the wildflowers; they are there for all of us to enjoy. And, if you imbibe, enjoy a Veltliner; if not, try an Almdudler, Austria's herbal soda that is quite refreshing. Viel Spaß!
Old May 11th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you fourfortravel. Is there a spot you recommend dropping the car off so I can walk on foot? I won't be here for too long so I won't be hiking for hours or anything. I will definitely try a Veltliner or Almdudler.