Search

Soft Drink Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Tricia Brenkert

Soft Drink Card

We are sailing with RCL in May. Is it true that you can buy a soft drink card for $20 that would enable you to have unlimited soda for the week?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 05:18 AM
xxx

Only if you are a child. You'll be served tiny glasses filled with ice and the waiters who work for tips hate it because it takes up their time when they could be selling drinks. Usually they ignore children with these cards.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 06:58 AM
DawnCt

Hi Tricia, I read on another bb that the children's soda card is $15 and the adult soda card is $33.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 07:54 AM
denise

On RCL, soft drinks are free in the main dining rooms only. You can always pick up a six -pack or two in ports of call, or when embarking. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>RCL, offers free soft drinks in the dining rooms only. Not in the buffets. <BR>You can always pick up a six-pack or two in a port or bring it with you at the beginning of your cruise (along with some wine for you cabin enjoyment) <BR> I love RCL.. Floundered around with other cruiselines, but never again. The VOYAGER is absolutely fabulous, without the big ship feel.. or the crowds. Was treated like a queen. What ship will you be on? denise <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 11:49 PM
Paul Therault

I would not purchase a soft drink card for any child under 12. They will not consume that much soda. For teens it is a bargain.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:14 AM
Joe

Contrary to some of the previous posters, I think the drink cards are a great bargain. We traveled with 4 children last summer on Carnival. Their ages were 7, 11, 12, 13. They had a ball being able to go anywhere and order a "Shirley Temple". At no time was the staff or bartenders discourteous to them. In fact it was quite the contrary. They used the cards several times daily. Granted, had they not had "unlimited" drinks they might not have had so many sodas, but then, what the heck, this was vacation! I say go for it. It is a great bargain and it gives the kids a certain amount of freedom and responsibility. In a matter of a couple of days it could pay for itself.

Old May 17th, 2001, 07:11 PM
Denise

I agree with the person above me. I have been on The Enchantment of the seas and I have two children 14 and 11. <BR>I feel that they drink cards were definately worth the expense. Even though they are just sodas etc. they add up in price. Especially if you are going for 7 days. Get the card it's worth it.

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Connie

We were just on the Voyager of the Seas and I am pretty much a non drinker so I bought a drink card for myself ($33.00) I got a lot of use out of it but it is not all inclusive. It is only good for glasses of soda at the bars. Cans are only $1.50 and sodas at the bar is $1.25. so only you can decide if it is worth it for you to have a card. I came out about even. PS Voyager is great - have a wonderful trip

Old Jul 19th, 2001, 06:21 PM
abc

Does anyone think the soft drink card are worth it in Alaska? Won't it be too cool in August to consume that much soda? Don't they give you hot chocolate while on deck watching the sights?

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 04:59 AM
Sandy

I don't really mean to sound flip but how on earth can anyone else tell you how much you will use a soft drink card? For me it would not be worth it but my husband drinks cokes in the coldest of condidtions. Remember that you may not have any cold days at all. Yes you can get hot chocolate on most ships. Check with your travel agent on that one. I've only purchased these for my children ( some lines only offer to those under 18 or 21 ) and they definately lost money on my son and my daughter hardly used hers.

Old Mar 17th, 2003, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RCCL does not offer free soft drinks in the dining room anymore. My sister just came back last weekend on the Adventure. The Soft Drink Card pays for itself quickly.