Carnival's Elation

Search

Carnival's Elation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carnival's Elation

Has anyone been on Carnival's Elation Eastern Caribbean cruise recently? Your overall impression is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 10:53 AM

I cruised Ecstasy which is Elation sister ship ship and I think is about the same age. It was O.K. cruise. You'll love E. Carib, it is beautiful no matter where you go.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 07:48 PM

i don't like a lot of the E Caribbean. Nassau is nasty. Puerto rico is boring. St Thomas is okay if you take the ferry to St John. But overall, I sailed the Sensation (sister ship) once and it was awful. Maybe you'll like it.Lots of tattoos, Nascar shirts, smoking and heavy beer drinking.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 04:38 AM

Cruzpal,
Do you mean thanks for nothing? LOL. Yes, tastes are different, and you need more than these two feedbacks. Good sources are www.cruisecritic.com and www.epinions.com. But let me tell you that Nassau is NOT nasty and Puerto Rico is NOT boring. It's all what you make out of your trip. Of course if you go to straw market or to slams you probably won't like it. Each port has sometithing that you may like. Check a list of shore trips offered by cruise line. For example, go to Atlantis or to Cable Beach in Nassau, and take a rain forest trip in San Juan.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 05:09 AM

You're right spur, you can find things to do. I did go to Paradise Island last time. It was just okay. Much better beaches at St John. But I still say that Nassau is not a great stop. On my cruise last year I met two people who were robbed at the port when getting off the ship. The forts in Puerto Rico and the old town are interesting, but you are limited in time to how much you can actually see and do there. It's different strokes, really. I know people who do nothing but jewelry shop in ports. Not my thing! I enjoy beautiful beaches and nice water, snorkeling, steel band music, etc. When you get off a cruise ship, it's always a zoo especially if there are a few in port. You really have to decide where you want to go and what to see and hopefully do it on your own. When in St Martin, we took a ferry to gorgeous Anguilla. We were the only cruisers to do so! But I stand by on my assessment of that class ship. I have a review of the Sensation online. I couldn't wait to get off the ship- a first time ever in 12 cruises. I would never sail on an older Carnival ship if they gave me a cruise for free.