Reload this Page >

Need passport to get off in Honduras?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 07:06 PM
Kym

I read in the govt. passport info that a passport was required to enter Honduras. I'm wondering if this requirement holds for cruise passengers as well. The last cruise I was on I don't remember anyone checking passports or identification and passengers disembarked and embarked the ship from shore excursions. <BR> <BR>Anyone know the details? My husband and I were thinking of taking the Texiribbean cruise offered by NCL in early Feb. and I have an expired passport and he doesn't have one at all. <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 10:48 AM
cash

The cruise line - or your travel agent - will tell you if a passport is required or not. My personal opinion - you should have a valid passport when traveling outside the USA anywhere. It saves you time and trouble if you have an emergency, have to deviate from the schedule, and any number of other problems that could come up. It is good for 10yrs and worth the effort. <BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2000, 11:51 PM
April

I don't know about Honduras but we didn't need them (as cruise passengers) for Guatemala or Costa Rica. <BR>

Old Jan 21st, 2000, 03:38 PM
Fran

<BR>I have to agree with a previous post, why not get one and be save. However, I would think that once on board (if you don't get one) the staff will let you know. I have taken cruises in several countries and never had to show it, but always have it available.

Old Jan 28th, 2000, 11:20 PM
travlow

Kim, <BR> <BR>Yes Definitely bring your passport or they wont let you off the ship in Honduras.