Reload this Page >

Miami cruise port

Search

Miami cruise port

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Nancy

Miami cruise port

Going out of Miami for the first time in April. The Carnival Victory leaves at 4PM. Has any sailed on it recently? What time could you board. Any problems leaving on a 11:30 return flight? Any suggestions for a hotel if we go down the day before.<BR>Thanks

Old Dec 6th, 2001, 11:59 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Nancy,<BR><BR>You have too many questions. Ask your travel agent.<BR><BR>I can tell you that 11:30 AM is playing dangerously. The preferred time is after 12 noon.<BR><BR>If you stick with that time, plan on running a marathon.<BR><BR>Good luck,<BR><BR>Paul

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 05:05 PM
Theresa

I just returned from Miami.<BR><BR>We stayed at the Miami Intercontinental Hotel at Bayside. We paid about $100/night and received free breakfast as part of our internet rate.<BR><BR>This hotel was 4 stars, beautiful and very friendly. We were within a 5 minute walk to Bayside shopping. My room had a view of the ships in the morning - it was gorgeous!<BR><BR>My flight was at 11:15 and I was at the airport at 9 am.<BR><BR>Good luck.

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 09:09 PM
Paul Therault

Theresa - We are talking about the Carnival Victory. <BR><BR>I would advise listening to the cruise line fight times or one may be waiting all day at the airport for the next flight. There are thousands of cruise ship passengers converging at the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale air terminals all at the same time.<BR><BR>I say 12 noon is pushing it. Carnival advises 1:00 PM due to security and immigraton issues.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 02:06 AM
Theresa

Paul - <BR><BR>There were plenty of Carnival Triumph (I think that was the Carnival ship) people on our plane. Lots of NCL people also.<BR><BR>I think noon is safe but I don't think there would be a problem with an 11:30 flight.<BR><BR>I called Princess recently on what they recommend for FLL and flying home. Their answer was "after 10:30 am".<BR><BR>Definitely call the cruiseline and see what they say.

Old Dec 16th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Michelle

If the information desk on the ship is aware of your early flight, they will disembark you first. You have to let them know, and remind them at the end{night before). We arrived at Miami on the Triumph at 6am-early flight passengers were let off first.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 04:06 PM
Nancy

Michelle, did you cruise since 9/11?<BR>Also, what time did you embark in Miami.<BR>

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Kara

You will have no problems with an 11:30 flight.