Reload this Page >

SURPRISE TRIP AND NO PASSPORT

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 1998, 06:07 PM
COLEEN BAKER

My boss just gave me a trip to Bermuda - leave one week from today. My birth certificate which I thought was an original does not have raised seal on it and I have no passport - Any suggestions ????

Old Mar 5th, 1998, 06:35 PM
M.O. Holte

Check with travel agencies in your area for travel documents. See if you can have your current birth certificate embossed with the raised seal. If this does not work check into moving the week in Bermuda to a new week and you might have to pay a small fee for the change but the trip is still pretty cheap ( from the boss). Good luck, hope I could help, Safe Trip M.O.H.

Old Mar 6th, 1998, 05:24 AM
jay

If you happen to live in or near the city, state or county where you were born, you can pick up a copy of your birth certificate (with a raised seal) from the city/state/county bureau of records. There is usually a small fee. Some major cities (NYC for example) allow you to order a raised seal birth certificate by mail or phone but it takes a few days. I know from experience that you cannot use any kind of copy of a birth certificate as proof of citzenship. It must be an original w/original seal. Godd luck!

Old Mar 6th, 1998, 09:43 AM
anna m

Do you need a passport to go to Bermuda? We did not need them to go to Jamaica, but that was 20 years ago.

Old Mar 6th, 1998, 06:21 PM
c

Also, if you happen to leave near NYC, you can get your passport in just a few days if you show your airline tickets, you'll need to look in the phone book. I'm sure other metro areas will have the same procedures.
Good luck