Reload this Page >

How about Francois Plantation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 03:12 PM
Mikki

Planning a trip to St. Barts and wanted any feedback on Francois Plantation. Some other options are Manapany and Village St. Jean. Am looking for something private, with access to a good beach.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Sunny

I will be there in December. My second trip to St. Barts, but first time staying at FP. I can tell you that FP is not on a beach, it is set up on top of hill. You can hike down to Columbier Beach or drive to any of the others. Nothing is very far away on St. Barts.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 07:19 AM
BillK

As stated prior FP is not on a baeach and neither is St Jean Village. manapany is on the water but the "beach" is rocky and not really condusive to swimming. I have eaten at FP and the meals are exceptional. I was not as impressed with Manapany. The meal was sub standard for the island and the resort seemed to be a little weathered. St Jean village is not as private as either of the first 2 but is significantly less expensive. You may also want to explore staying in your own villa if privacy is high on your list.

Old Sep 24th, 2001, 07:21 AM
BillK

Sorry I left this out. <BR> <BR>A nice beach hotel is Guanahani

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Mikki

Sunny, please post a response when you get back about FP, but thanks for the input. I heard Manapany was undergoing renovations, I wonder if it's any better now? <BR> <BR>May check out the villa option. <BR> <BR>Ciao.

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 10:04 AM
elise

the manapany renovations and new ownership are going to be wonderful. There are about a dozen rooms already done- if you are thinking of staying there be sure to ask about getting a "new" one. There is a nice new fitness room. The rooms are kind of Chic-African hut meets euro boutique.