Search

American Airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Laura

American Airlines

While reading a trip report, I noticed that someone said that American flies into the North Airport, not the southern one. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks!

Old May 14th, 2001, 09:00 AM
tracy

I heard that American flies in to the North Airport (Vigies?) when the connection is made through San Juan. I am flying Jamaica Airlines which stops at Montego Bay and then on to the International Airport. Hope this helps.

Old May 15th, 2001, 09:54 PM
Roxanne

Hello! <BR> <BR>We fly American into the old Vigie airport located near Castries at the north end of the island. American may also fly into Hewanorra (Int'l) but we come thru San Juan and fly the smaller plane into SLU (now called George Charles airport, old Vigie Ariport). However we stay at Rendezvous near the SLU airport so that is why we fly in that way. If you are staying in the south (ladera, Hilton, Anse Chastenet) then best to fly into south international airport for less drive time to resort. Hope you enjoy your stay. St Lucia is our top destinantion. Been twice and still goign back again!

Old May 16th, 2001, 03:59 AM
Kay

Yes Laura: <BR> <BR>ALmerican Eagle flies into Vegie airport near Casteries in the northern part of the island.

Old May 16th, 2001, 03:50 PM
Laura

Thank you to everyone who responded to my post. After the insight you gave me, I contacted my Travel Agent and i am happy to learn that we WILL be flying into the northern airport and will only have a 20 min. drive to the Hyatt. this is such a relief to me as I was dreading the 90 min bumpy ride, and do not have to worry about heicopters or water taxis... Thanks Again