Search

Best Beaches?

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2000, 07:29 PM
Paul

Best Beaches?

I just returned from Caneel on St. John and I am looking for another location with beaches as nice with resort type service on the beach, but hopefully not just totally overrun with kids in Spring time. Suggestions?

Old May 30th, 2000, 04:06 AM
Bill

<BR>Timothy Beach Resort in St. Kitts is the only resort on the calm caribbean waters. It has everything you are asking for. www.timothybeachresort.com

Old May 30th, 2000, 05:31 AM
F. Raab

I have been to many of the islands. I beleive Crane Beach on Barbados is probably the prettiest.

Old May 30th, 2000, 08:18 AM
rich

Try Petit St. Vincent Resort. Nice secluded beaches (whole island is just a resort). Cottages are large, a bit rustic but very comfortable. Food is good. High end type resort. I didn't see any kids there the last time we were there. Very secluded and quiet. <BR>Can get cottages on the beach (a bit windy) or on the hill-some have a beautiful view. <BR>We were also at Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda. Beautiful resort with single large nice beach (different than Caneel)but I think too many kids even in the off season. (they are "child friendly" now and they mean it--we were there in May.) <BR>

Old May 30th, 2000, 04:51 PM
Paul

I appreciate the responses and I looked at them at all of your suggestions and although the beaches look nice, all of the resorts seemed a bit "rustic" for lack of a better term. I am looking for something like a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton with a nice calm beach and where good snorkeling can be found.

Old May 30th, 2000, 09:58 PM
April

How about Anguilla? (I don't know what resorts are there nowadays, but the beaches sure are beautiful.)

Old May 31st, 2000, 03:39 AM
Karen

For Spring time, you may want to look at Parrot Cay on Turks/Caicos - nothing "rustic" about that and I bet they have beach service. Anguilla has CuisinArt. Antigua has Jumby Bay. Both Cap Juluca (Anguilla) and Four Seasons (Nevis) are hoping to reopen this Fall and hopefully Four Seasons will somehow "make" a better beach! Maybe Rosewood's Martineau Bay. You should also check out Young Island and other spots in the Grenadines.

Old May 31st, 2000, 11:46 AM
Sandra

Paul- <BR> <BR>Did you try looking into Anse Chastanet in St. Lucia? The snokeling and scuba diving is supposed to be great. Or possibly Jalouise Hilton in st. Lucia.

Old Jun 2nd, 2000, 07:45 PM
Kim

NEGRIL 7 MILES OF BEACH ITS HEAVEN!!!!!!

Old Jun 3rd, 2000, 06:07 AM
Penny

Paul-We love Caneel Bay and have been there 3 times. We also have loved Little Dix Bay,Jumby Bay,Cap Juluca and Cuisinart.Since there is now a baby boom all resorts have some children in the spring. It has never been a problem. I recently found the web site for the Cotton House in Mustique-that looks very interesing. Good Luck!

Old Jun 10th, 2000, 12:05 PM
chris

Anguilla, hands down. There are so many. The islanders are friendly and all beaches are public access. No large jets land on the islandnor any cruise ships. It's heaven.

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 05:55 PM
Chris

Grand Lido Negril in Jamaica. Get a room on the non-nude beach side. It's a gorgeous stretch of beach. It's not surrounded by other hotels or condos like other stretches of Negril beach. It has the beach service you want and is groomed every morning. No kids - couples only.

Old Jun 18th, 2000, 10:58 AM
Robert

The British Virgin Islands, Tortola, has beautiful beaches, especially along the northern coastline. However, they don't cater to four-star hotels, and actually have a law that no building can be constructed which is higher than the nearest palm tree. Renting a 4-wheeled vehicle and touring the roads with hairpin turns offers beautiful scenes atop the hillsides. The BVI locals describe Tortola as nature's "Best Kept Secret" and they're right. You know you're someplace different. Robert

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 05:10 PM
Valexander

I have to agree with the folks who have recommended Anguilla and Negril. On Anguilla check out the Cap Juluca Hotel which is reopening in October. Their website is www.capjuluca.com. It is definitely in the same category as the Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons and has one of the best beaches in Anguilla.

Old Jul 13th, 2000, 05:15 PM
Keely

If you wouldn't rule out the Bahamas, I would recommend the Ocean Club on Paradise Island. I was turned off by the idea of that location in 1993 when we first went, being a fan of more exotic locations. But the beach is magnificent and most important, the resort has few if any kids and no teenagers - they simply can't afford it. It is a quiet and elegant luxury resort in the very best sense. The jetskis are prohibited from coming too near you on the beach, and you can lie on your chaise lounge next to the aquamarine water, raise the little green flag next to you, and a waiter will come scurrying over to take your order. Full of the nice little touches, like marble bath with bidet and every room with a balcony or patio. Atlantis is down the beach about 1/2 mile if you want activity. In the other direction is a usually deserted beach area for snorkeling or a secluded picnic. Mostly couples, with families staying at Atlantis or elsewhere. Very quiet, plus beautiful grounds.

Old Jul 14th, 2000, 03:56 AM
Greg

Greetings Paul, Suggest you look at Eleuthera, 52 miles South East of New Providence Island (Nassau). If you don't like pink sand beaches, excellent accommodations, great service and enjoyable hosts, you'll have to seek another suggestion! <BR>Cheers <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 09:58 AM
CMB

Re the person looking for a four seasons or ritz with calm beach for snorkeling--Cuisinart (cuisinartresort.com) on Anguilla is ideal. We've been there twice--and have often stayed with RC and 4Seasons... <BR>you would love it

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 07:04 PM
luci

To the gentleman that visited Cuisinart, <BR>Do you have a good resource for discounted rates at Cuisinart? Sounds lovely, but a bit expensive.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 03:36 AM
Jim

Take a trip to Grenada and Grand Anse Beach. Two mile crescent of white sand and turquoise warm water with clean sand bottom backed by coconut palms and low rise resorts which are just in front of lush hills and mountains. A perfect beach for a perfect vacation.

Old Jul 30th, 2000, 07:33 PM
doc

Go to Anguilla. The beaches are even nicer than St. John...there is no Spring Break crowd. The restaurants are EXCELLENT and if you stay at one of the 4 major resorts on the island there is real beach service, another thing glaringly lacking at Caneel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -