Accomadations in Bermuda

Search

Accomadations in Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 1998, 05:46 PM
Nancy Driscoll

Accomadations in Bermuda

My husband and I are planning a trip to Bermuda any
suggestions on hotels or resorts? Looking for a little of everything, and this will be our fifth anniversary.

Old Feb 23rd, 1998, 07:31 AM
Pam Koryn

If you could be a little more specific - I'd be happy to offer suggestions on accomodations. I'be been going to Bermuda for over 20 years and have run the gamut from super-expensive hotels to small, intimate guest houses. I'll watch for your post here, or feel free to email me.

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 04:47 PM
Penny

I'm considering a family vacation in Bermuda this summer with my husband and two teenage daughters. We're looking for budget accommodations, preferable something with at least a frig and microwave so we could do a meal or two on our own and save. Can you recommend anyplace that would be nice and near some good beaches? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old Mar 1st, 1998, 07:45 AM
Pam Koryn

For "budget-type" accomodations, you should check into Glen-Mar Holiday. I've stayed there a couple of times and you can't beat it for location and price ( a 2 bedroom apartment with large kitchen, dining area, living room and sun deck for approx $120/night). Number is 441-236-2844, Managers name is Sally Ann Marshall. Another place to try is Valley Cottages, number 800-637-4116. Location is not quite as convenient to beaches as Glen-mar is, but very pretty place to stay. Not sure what the rates are these days. Good luck and enjoy Bermuda!

Old Apr 1st, 1998, 03:27 PM
py walentine

I read your message that you have been going to Bermuda for 20 years. I'm planning a visit with my mother and sister in mid May. Mother would like to be centrally located in Hamilton. What would you recommend, The Princess, Rosemont, Waterloo, or Oxford House? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Apr 1st, 1998, 05:12 PM
Pam

Of your 4 choices - I guess alot depends on what kind of "extras" you're interested in. The Princess certainly offers the most in the way of in-house dining, entertainment, etc. The others would be more intimate (and probably less expensive). It really boils down to personal preferences.

Old Apr 5th, 1998, 08:26 AM
Stephen

I saw Pam's responses. We want to get married May 3
in Bermuda. This is 2nd wedding for us and we're in our forties. We are interested in Budget locations and staying 3-4 nights. Any advice where? Does anyone know about wedding info for us? 1st time for us in Bermuda. Any help greatly appreciated as we need to move very fast for accomodations, etc.

Old Apr 6th, 1998, 05:49 AM
John

I am planning a trip to Bermuda next summer and looking at several places to stay. Cambridge Beaches, Sonesta, The Reefs, Mermaid Beach, Elbow Beach. Price not as important as good beach for relaxing and snorkeling. Good restaurant on site but will also try other restaurants on island. Room as close to beach as possible.

Old Apr 6th, 1998, 09:54 AM
Danielle

Hi Penny,

We went to Bermuda 2 years ago and found a wonderful and inexpensive place to stay which is hard to find in Bermuda, it is called the Whale Bay Inn and is situated on a deadend street, so quiet, golf course (14th hole across the little lane) and a shortcut to private beach (small beach) about 2 minute walk. You have seperate eating area (fridge and microwave and burner). You also have a barbecue outside on your patio. Highly recommend it. If you stay closer to main road you will get lots of noise from the motocycle which can get on your nerves.
Hope you enjoy Bermuda, I know I cried when I left. Would move there in a second.

Bon Voyage!!!

Old Apr 7th, 1998, 01:41 PM
Carl

Have stayed at The Reefs many times. It is right on a very nice private beach, and has fine clubhouse and beachside restaurants. The Reefs is centrally located in Southampton Parish. It has all the benefits of a small hotel, but unlike the other small hotels John mentions, it is in easy walking distance of a large hotel, Sonesta, and only a short ride from the Southhampton Princess. This way we get the intimacy of the small place and the ammenties (when we want them) of a large ones. The Reefs has a good dine-around plan that includes other hotels with top restaurants (Pompano, Cambridge Beaches, Stonington, ect). And The Reefs long term staff makes us feel right at home as soon as we get there. For all of the above reasons we keep going back. Best of luck which ever choice you make and enjoy your holiday!

Old May 17th, 1998, 01:06 PM
Alice Jordan

Will be traveling to Bermuda in December. Does anyone know about the cost of green fees. Any information on the golf courses would be helpful.

Old Jun 15th, 1998, 06:50 AM
Brandon

We won a honeymoon to the Elbow Beach Resort! Still can hardly believe it. Please let me know what we should not miss while in Bermuda AND some recommendations for dining! Please email me directly! <BR>Thanks! <BR>brandon

Old Jun 16th, 1998, 11:14 AM
Barbara Nichols

I notice that you don't include St. Kitts and Nevis in any of the choices. We are planning to go to Nevis in October and thought you would have information on the Country, as well as accommodations. We plan to stay at the Nisbet Plantation. It is owned by the same people as own The Reefs in Bermuda, where we stayed in March. Thanks for your help.