Reload this Page >

Virgin Gorda for Honeymoon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2000, 09:41 AM
Keith

I am going on my honeymoon to virgin gorda in July. I am currently booked at Little Dix Bay for 10 days. Is it better to stay somewhere else for part of the trip? Any suggestions on good things to do?

Old Mar 30th, 2000, 10:45 PM
Karen

Little Dix is very nice. Comprable properties that you might want to check if you have not done so are Biras Creek on Virgin Gorda, Peter Island or Guana Island. If you have not visited www.scubamom.com, you should do so. Rosewood offers a "split" between Caneel (St. John, USVI) and Little Dix so that you spend time at both and have a taste of the best of the USVI as well.

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 05:36 AM
Jamie

Keith, <BR> I haven't been to Virgin Gorda but have been to St John - if you think you want to split the trip, I like Karen's suggestion of Little Dix Bay and Caneel. St John is beautiful and definitely worthwhile but it is also a very busy island. From what I have read VG will be much less populated and quiet in comparsion. IF you don't mind spending a day of travel, it might be the best of both worlds. Have fun, Jamie

Old Apr 3rd, 2000, 02:00 PM
Joel

Keith, if a very different resort experience is of more interest than a different island, then shift from LDB over to Biras Creek. <BR>If you want to stay upscale but want a different island, then swap LDB for Caneel Bay and St. John, but do Caneel before LDB, not after. <BR>For a different resort and a different island while maintaining the BVI's charm, go from LDB over to Frenchman's Cay on Tortola. The nice thing about that is that you are close to the West End ferry on Tortola which can put you on St. Thomas or St. John in 40 minutes, so it's kind of 3 for 1. Also, much cheaper.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 11:17 AM
Michelle

I would STRONGLY suggest staying put in any one place for 7 nights!!!

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 03:52 AM
karen

Think that Michelle has a very good suggestion depending on your arrangements. If a seven days vacation includes the one going and coming, you basically have five full days to to enjoy ... switching includes packing, moving and reorienting to a new spot which might take some of another day. My goal is to max out beach time so we do usually go for 10 days leaving us 8 full days to enjoy and explore one or two destinations. But there are those who enjoy just a taste of something and are ready to move on! I know we usually chose the "split" making the "switch" right in the middle but given airfare changes flying into one destination and flying out, you might have to explore the option of returning to the "original" airport. I am sure that RockResorts has a strategy for dealing with that!