Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Anyone tell me about Hyatt in St. Lucia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 09:24 PM
Kc

What is St.Lucia like? How about the hyatt?

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 05:32 AM
Kristin

I would also like info on this hotel. It seems from other posts the beaches are not caribbean like. Very dark and snorkeling is not clear. Is this true?

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 05:55 AM
Marie

St. Lucia is the most beautiful island we have been to - but the south end is very different from the north end. We stayed at Anse Chastanet for 3 nights, then at the Hyatt for 3 nights. Both were fantastic but very different. The Hyatt was great, very luxurious, staff wonderful. The snorkeling was good at both places. Yes, the water appears darker but it is very clear & easy to see when snorkeling. If you stay at the Hyatt, I highly recommend you take a water taxi to the south end & see the rain forest & some of the "gardens" there. You won't regret it. (The water taxi is a much quicker & less "nauseous" ride than the land taxi.)

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 07:01 AM
penny

KC-The water at the South end-Pitons- is very clear and has a nice silky feel to it. You will not see the turquoise blue and green water at that location. The beaches are darker and have volcanic or black sand. Some of the hotels mix white sand on their beaches.It is very lovely. I do not know what the beaches are like near Castries. Yes the water taxi is the only way to travel as the roads are very windy. Snorkeling is good. Hope this helps.

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 07:02 AM
penny

KC-The water at the South end-Pitons- is very clear and has a nice silky feel to it. You will not see the turquoise blue and green water at that location. The beaches are darker and have volcanic or black sand. Some of the hotels mix white sand on their beaches.It is very lovely. I do not know what the beaches are like near Castries. Yes the water taxi is the only way to travel as the roads are very windy. Snorkeling is good. Hope this helps.

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 12:16 PM
kc

Thanks everyone.