Reload this Page >

Stop critisizing Aruba's nature.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 05:04 PM
Arubasun.

IF IT WAS NOT FOR THE DESERT ARUBA WOULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER ISLAND WITH A BEACH. <BR> <BR>I have recently noted that there are many bashings going on regarding the nature of Aruba, its crime rate and beaches. <BR> <BR>When will we ever appreciate what the Caribbean islands have to offer? When will ever stop calling an arid island as Aruba ugly...its sad that many Americans do not appreciate what the earth has to offer in terms of nature. Yet it is the Americans that often ask themselves why they are being treated badly at some islands or other countries in the world. And the answer to that is their attitudes towards the host of other countries and the way they view things... <BR> <BR>Why should a desert like island be ugly while it is unique to have a desert in the tropical Caribbean. Can you imagine all of the Caribbean to be green, it would be quiet boring if there was no differance in terms of landscapes. How nice the Caribbean is right now with a super lush pacific like island of St. Lucia, the semi green british islands and the desert rather arid landscapes of Aruba Bonaire and Curacao. <BR> <BR>Everybody is in title to their own opinion, this is not a message to say that nothing negative can be said about Aruba. But stop calling the island ugly and try to look in your own backyard before coming with such remarks. Aruba is not for everybody but if you don't like it leave it to those that really appreciate amd love the island. As the say different strokes for different folks.

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 10:38 PM
Mike

But the plain fact is -- it really IS a VERY UNATTRACTIVE island, PERIOD! If you want to see a truly beautiful desert area, try visiting Rancho Mirage, California! At least it's very GREEN there!!!

Old Sep 9th, 2000, 12:28 AM
Arubasun.

Unattractive sounds better then ugly...and what is unattractive by your defenition, have you visited the Arikok National park in Aruba which covers nearly one third of the island? Many visitors tend to only visit the touristy places and judging the island just watching a few things not exploring the entire island though roughly. <BR> <BR>That Aruba is unattractive is not the plain fact that is just your opinion. There are hundreds of thousands of visitors who think that Aruba is a beatiful place and do return year after year. <BR> <BR>Many of you refer Aruba as a desert island, let met better educate you; in a desert it does not rain 14 inches a year. In a desert it does not rain at all or less than a inch. If you want to see Aruba green I suggest you come in the rainy months starting in October and ending in February. If you want to visit a less windy Aruba than you should come in September, August, October and November. Aruba does not even have desert dunes, your judging the island because it have cacti and then you refer it as a desert. Aruba is Arid!!!! <BR> <BR>I would think that the green trees at Rancho California are given water and many plants were planted. You can also say that the hotel area of Aruba is very tropical with flowers and manmade waterfalls and many green trees. But the country side does have natural trees such as the Divi Divi, tuna, Watapana, Catci, Aloe ect..and yes many of the trees are not lush but then again the rainy starts in October and ends in February and how nice it is to see the island tranmsform in these months to be much lush. <BR> <BR>And if you tend to find a desert ugly, then sir there are many places on earth that would not want to visit and that is a pitty.

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 12:56 AM
Mike

In spite of your pontificating and boring "lecture," I shall continue to vacation where it is truly beautiful -- HAWAII, thank you very much!!!

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Arubasun.

Thanks for reading my boring lecture Mike and have a safe trip to Hawaii..