Reload this Page >

What makes Bermuda special?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 1998, 10:08 AM
Georie Ferguson

Sounds like a beautiful place. What more can you tell me. When to go? Where to stay?

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 01:26 PM
Deb

<BR>Bermuda is the most colorful and beautiful island, as far as flowering trees, bushes, etc. that I have ever seen. (And I have been to other Caribbean islands and Hawaii). It is an English island, so everything is kept clean and proper. Homes are painted in yellow, orange, green, pink, etc. You must take a sport coat for dining in most places. Food is expensive and you cannot rent a car (bus, scooters or carraige rides are available). We stayed in a hotel, but I would suggest renting a home. We like to rent homes now, as there is more privacy.

Old Dec 7th, 1998, 01:26 PM
Deb

<BR>Bermuda is the most colorful and beautiful island, as far as flowering trees, bushes, etc. that I have ever seen. (And I have been to other Caribbean islands and Hawaii). It is an English island, so everything is kept clean and proper. Homes are painted in yellow, orange, green, pink, etc. You must take a sport coat for dining in most places. Food is expensive and you cannot rent a car (bus, scooters or carraige rides are available). We stayed in a hotel, but I would suggest renting a home. We like to rent homes now, as there is more privacy. <BR>We went in July. Gorgeous weather!

Old Dec 15th, 1998, 03:54 PM
Woodhouse

There is no place on earth like Bermuda. Unfortunately, the Bermudians know it, and charge accordingly. It is worth every dime. The weather is similar to the North Carolina coast, as the island lies 600 miles due east. People tend to think of it as Carribean. Big mistake. When you go depends on what you like to do. If its golf, spring and fall are great. I am familiar w/most hotels and guest houses. Email with your specifics. BTW, Bermuda is not the best place for families, unless you plan well ahead, and don't mind dropping a fortune on cab fare.

Old Dec 30th, 1998, 07:48 AM
David

There were alot of things that we really liked about Bermuda- great shopping for crystal, clothing, etc.(not many t-shirt, cheap tourist crap shops), many good restaurants, its safe and clean, the island itself is beautiful, and the ocean and beaches are fantastic. <BR>There is good snorkeling just off the shore at Church Bay, and there are some outstanding resorts on the island, namely the South Hampton Princess and Elbow Beach. Although you can't rent a car, the bus system is the best I've seen.

Old Dec 31st, 1998, 04:52 AM
Leslie

www.boycottbermuda.com <BR> <BR>Please take a look at this website, dedicated to a young girl who was slaughtered 2 years ago while visiting this safe and proper island. This happens everywhere, I know......but the trial of the two "accused" murderers of this innocent girl was a mockery of justice,,,,,,needless to say one man got off scott-free and the other will be out very soon(within a yr or two). <BR> <BR>I'm not saying not to visit this island, that is your personal choice; I'm just pointing you toward some facts about this island and its squeeky clean image. <BR> <BR>This girl that was murdered was from my home town, and although I did not know her...I've followed the trial closely and was very sad and shocked when the Bermuda Justice System allowed Rebecca Middleton no justice. Canadians are now beginning to rally together to "boycott Bermuda" until the Bermudian courts open their eyes and recognize that this girl deserves justice: tourist or not!!! <BR> <BR>I'd always planned on visiting this "pristine" island, but Bermuda has clearly sent a message to me and many other tourists-that we and our lives are really not that important!

Old Jan 9th, 1999, 04:36 PM
Shannon

I was in Bermuda in June with my friend. We had a great time although it would have been more appropriate for me to go with my fiance. It is better oriented twards couples. The people there are very nice. And yes it's costly. We found out a lot of people cruise there to same money on inflated hotel costs. The neatest thing to me was traveling the island by scooter. There is no car rental option. We really got to see alot of the island this way. And the locals are suprisingly tolerant of the "slow tourists". The roads do get steep and thin. Not to mention they drive on the opposite side of the road. I felt safe there even though it was just two girls. You have to be cautious everywhere. But compared to cancun or jamica and even st. thomas.....I felt very safe. It is beautiful but the climate is only semi-tropical so go during our summer for the best weather.