For Agapotravel......about your trip to the VI's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2007, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't let Katt scare you into not exploring STT.

I have been to STJ 2 times and I am planning a trip again in March.While we did not explore STT as we were only on STJ for a week...we did ride in a taxi to Red Hook and from the ride to the ferry,it looked like a decent enough place to go back and explore oneday.

My inlaws have been to STT 2 times and love it there!(they are picky people..if that tells you anything)..

Definately spend a couple of days exploring STT and then on to STJ for maybe 4 days especially since you like to snorkel..

VG is another place that I would like to visit on my trip in March.It's smaller than Tortola.

You seem to be someone who has your wits about you so you should be fine in STT or anywhere for that matter...

Christie
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Original Poster

excuse the typo *definitely* not definately...

Caneel bay resort is very nice...we spent the day at one of the beaches on the property and the snorkeling there is awesome.If you like R&R it would be a great place to stay.(no tv's)

Christie
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 10:10 AM

I spent very little time in St.Thomas we were just waiting between ferries however if you can believe this,I guess the one and only honest cabbie in all of St.Thomas found us(amazing isn't it)he wathched our luugage while we looked around and then even hunted us down as dear hubby and I found a little bar and lost track of time to let us know we would miss our ferry.While we were walking back I asked where our luggage was he said no worry mon it is with the other drivers down by the ferry I of course was concerned however everything was intact.Would I do it again probaly not,however there were at leasr 4 honest guy's that day on the island .When we went to pay at first he said no.My husband slipped $20 in his cab.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Just in case I want everyone to know that I am being sarcastic! We actually met many nice people on St.John who worked there from St.Thomas it really seemed the ex pats were the more rude of the bunch.Go have fun and drink a painkiller for me!
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 12:59 PM

Sorry to go on I must apologize for my typos and we actually only met 1 expat bartender who was grumpy maybe just an off night.Everyone was actually quiet friendly.
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 01:06 PM

Thank you very much for your responses. When you plan for a trip, you read, you research, you look online, but the best advice is from those that have been there. I appreciate all of your positive comments, and I think my plan is St. Thomas - 2 nights, St. John - 4 nights, Tortola - 4 nights. I do have quite some time before I go, so it may change again. hee hee
Old Sep 27th, 2007, 06:57 PM

Sounds like a fun trip.Be sure to do a trip report!
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Have a Bushwhacker for me! Glad to hear that Katt did not ruin your plans.

Graytonbchgirl,
I also noticed that any people that we met that were rude (not many)where not originally from STT or STJ.

Christie