Reload this Page >

honeymoon decision continues - St. Kitts? and the search for cheap airfare

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2001, 11:38 AM
steve diamanti

Hello, <BR> <BR>I am searching several different destinations for possible honeymoons. St. Kitts seems like an appealing place because of the relaxed atmospheres and rain forests on the island. Timothy's beach resort had a nice honeymoon package I was interested in but airfare to St. Kitts seems expensive, ANY SUGGESTIONS?, also any comments about St. Kitts, Timothy beach resort, positive or negative are appreciated, <BR> <BR>thanks

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 05:20 AM
Bill

We have been going to Timothy Beach Resort for 12 years. It is the only resort on the caribbean beach. They have excellent pictures of the resort at www.timothybeachresort.com and www.where2stay.com. At where2stay, click on hotels by island, click on TBR and you will find some nice reviews and pictures. They just finished rebuilding the beach and it is beautiful.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 05:31 AM
Bill

I'm sorry, I forgot! Airfare to any caribbean island is expensive. Since A/A has the monopoly, my guess is that it will stay there. A/A flys into Puerto Rico and a hopper to SK.(A/E) You don't mention where your flying from but check out other carriers into Antigua or St Martin and a hopper down. Check out www.skyauction.com www.thetrip.com www.ticked.com www.travelocity.com. I have also found the best price by calling the airline direct every day if needed. They change their price every day.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 07:19 AM
Steve

Most times you get good rates if you buy a package from a travel agent. They get better deals with hotels and some airlines.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 07:24 PM
Mark

If you're contemplating St. Kitts, why not consider Nevis? I've spent time on Nevis all my life, and think it is superior to St. Kitts in many respects. Honeymooning at the Four Seasons can't be beat, and if prohibitively expensive, consider one of the many small inns on the island (many are former Suger Plantations) like Nesbitt's, Montpelier, or Golden Rock.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 12:36 PM
steve diamanti

thanks for the suggestion, i hadn't considered nevis beacause all the hotelsl i had heard of there were ridiculously expensive, and i've heard good things about the timothy beach resort which is much less expensive on st. kitts, but i will look into the places you recommended

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:59 AM
cecilia

Check out cvoa.com for great airfare rates especially in sept in the carribean. They are associated with the Carribean villa owners assoc, hence the name, cvoa. For example. My fiance and I are considering going to Carriacou for our sept wedding. We found a villa, very private, big, good size private pool for $800 for the week. Our airfare from jfk to san juan and a hopper over to carriacou 517 rt/pp. very reasonable. good luck and email me if you have more questions.