Search

Wedding destinations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 07:58 AM
DADC

Wedding destinations

Hey.. my fiance' and I are looking for an island to get married on.. We have not been to the Carribean and are researching quite a few (namely, Barbados, St.Kitts/Nevis, St. Lucia, Anguilla). We don't want a long waiting period before we can have the ceremony because we will be bringing guests in. Does anyone have a suggestion/experience to share that might help in the selection?

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Alex

Check out Ladera Resort in St. Lucia. Very romantic. <BR> <BR>www.ladera-resort.com

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 11:58 AM
lisa

Hi, <BR> <BR>We got married on St. Thomas where there is NO waiting period. You can pick up your marriage license and can get married on the same day. i wouldn't then stay on the island. we honeymooned on tortola and st. john. there are also some lovely (expensive) islands like peter island and guana island.... <BR> <BR>Email me directly if you need more info.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Penney

We got marries at the Grand Lido Negril on the yacht that they have and it was a wondeful experience. It was a three day waiting period.

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 05:33 AM
Pam

Check out Antigua. We were married there in '97 and I believe the waiting period was 24 hours. We gave ourselves an extra day - flew in Wednesday afternoon, did the paperwork Thursday, went back Friday to wrap up the paperwork, family and friends flew in Saturday and we were married on Sunday. There are a number of resorts in Antigua that have wedding coordinators if you want to go that route. We had a small, informal affair and made all the arrangements ourselves. It was perfect - we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 07:09 AM
fran

We got married at Young Island Resort in St Vincent and the Grenadines and it was wonderful. The resort handled all the arrangements. The waiting period was something like 3 days.

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 12:00 PM
MICHELLE

MY HUSBAND & I GOT MARRIED AT JAMAICA GRAND LIDO SANS SOUCI LAST YEAR AND IT WAS JUST THE MOST ROMANTIC PLACE ON EARTH. IT WAS JUST THE TWO OF US AND WHEN WE GOT THERE WE DID NOT HAVE TO DO A THING. THE WEDDING COORDINATER DID EVERTHING. WE GOT MARRIED IN THE WEDDING GAZEBO WHICH IS ON A CLIFF OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN. WE GOT MARRIED AT SUNSET AND HAD DINNER IN THE GAZEBO. IT WAS THE BEST RESORT. WE HAD SPA TREATMENTS EVERYDAY. AND IT WAS ALSO ALL INCLUSIVE SO YOU DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT A DIME ONLY ON YOURSELVES. <BR> <BR>GOOD LUCK

Old Sep 3rd, 2001, 04:41 AM
Penney

We too were married at a Grand Lido Resort but wewent to the one in Negril. We got married on the yacht that they owned - once beleonging to Princess Grace and Prince Rainer - really wondrful. <BR> <BR>I highly recommend the Grand Lido resorts. They are top notch, very pampering and first class. They are offering a spcial where you can stay at both and they will fly you in between the two - best of two resorts for once price!

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 12:05 PM
amy

My husband and I were married at Ladera Resort in St. Lucia. Great place and very romantic!