Reload this Page >

Renaissance Jamaica Grande

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2001, 02:12 PM
robin

I am interested in a fun family vacation. I've been told that the Renaissance Jamaica Grande is pretty nice. Any thoughts?

Old May 14th, 2001, 10:17 PM
Jerry

How old are your children? If young look into FDR in Runaway Bay, They provide a nanny, if over 16 look at Breezes Runaway Bay.

Old May 15th, 2001, 04:47 AM
debbie

hi there, yes the Jamaica Renaissance Grande is fabulous - we were there in March and had a great time. The Jamaican people are absolutely wonderful. you can read my trip report on www.concierge.com under ocho rios, jamaica.

Old May 15th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Christine

I stayed there in last June (2000) for five days and really enjoyed it. It is a great deal for the money. It is not super deluxe, like some all-inclusives, but it is beautifully decorated, has great food, plenty of drinks, decent service, and includes snorkling. My fiance and I went with two other couples and really enjoyed ourselves. The beach is not huge and is a little crowded, but we never had a problem getting chairs or making some space for ourselves. The resort is larger than I imagined it would be, but the staff seemed to be able to handle the capacity of people. I would definately recommend it!

Old May 15th, 2001, 06:07 PM
Miranda

We loved the Jamaica Grande when we went! WE had the best time. If you're interested, email me & I'll send you my trip report. We would go back there in a heartbeat! Good food, drinks, atmosphere. Kids can have a lot of fun there too.

Old May 18th, 2001, 06:20 AM
Robin

Thanks for your ideas. My children are 10, 11 and 3. We are planning on getting married at the resort. We need someplace that is nice enough for our guests and intertaining enough for our children.

Old May 25th, 2001, 10:34 AM
Dolli

We were at the Jamaica Grande last November. We saw several weddings while we were there and the resort itself was a great buy and very well run. It seemed that the children were really enjoying the beautiful pool and the beach is gated in at the end of the resort and guarded. The beach has two areas, one of which I found to be nicer was more of a bay where the cruise ships dock. What a fabulous sight they were. We had a wonderful time. The only reason I would not go back is the ride from the airport. It was a scenic but long 2 hour ride. There are so many places to go in the Caribbean I didn't like it enough to take that 2 hour ride again. Not to mention their driving rivals any Nascar racecar driver minus the nice track. I have been to other islands and I know they all drive fast so that's not really the issue, for me it was more the distance from Montego Bay.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 12:22 PM
Kat

Would I like the Jamaica Grande if I don't like being around a lot of kids? Are there places that are adults-only, such as one of the pools? It sounds really family-friendly and my experience has shown that this is usually at the expense of people who don't want to be around kids.

Old Dec 12th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Penney

We went there without children and felt it was all catered to families and kids. there is a pool that tends to be quieter and basically only adults around it but that is aobut it - besides the night clubs with does get alot of younger - clubing adults. It is alot of fun. <BR><BR>We were lucky that we did find others adults wothout children to hang with and are still very good friends but without them, we would not have had a positive experience. The pool area is wall to wall chairs with blaring music, tons of children. Even the evening entertainemnt inckuded children, which is wonderufl but if you are seeking a more mature atmsophere without kids, I would seek else wheres.