Reload this Page >

Looking for calm water on beautiful beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:38 PM
CM

Please tell me where in the Caribbean I can find a beautiful beach resort with calm water? I don't mean mild waves, I mean practically NO waves. I found this in Negril, but haven't found it since, and would like to visit other places. Would prefer a small resort. Thank you.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Nancy

Pretty much all of the 25 to 30 islands I have been to in the Caribbean have almost no waves at all if you stay on the Caribbean (as opposed to Atlantic) side.<BR>e.g. Anguilla, St Kitts/Nevis, Cozumel, BVI's, Antigua, St. John, et al.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Penney

Turks and Caicos - mile upon miles of white soft sandy beaches and the calmest and clearest water I have ever seen. It is a more laid back island - thus, alot of smaller and quieter rsort. Coral Gardens is wonderful and in front of a great under water snorkeling trail.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 04:59 PM
CM

Thank you--We just returned from Punta Cana and were expecting the same calm waters as Negril, and thought we had done the necessary research. We were so disappointed to find waves on the beach, instead of the beautiful blue "swimming pool" in Negril.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:14 PM
birdgirl

Go to Jalousie (Hilton) on the island of St. Lucia. The property sits between two Pitons. You will be awestruck by the views. There are no elevators, carpeting, hallways etc. All rooms are tiny bungalows hidden amongst the tropical surroundings. The hotel is the location. There are NO other properties there. It is literally nestled between the Pitons. Long drive fromt eh airport, but you could take the helicopter ride.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Paul

We found Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda to have little if any wave during our stay there. It was litterally as you discribe......like glass.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Chris

I agree with Paul. We were at Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda in May and it was incredible. <BR>The water was turquoise and like glass. I also liked Turks and Caicos and Anguilla but thought St. Lucia was awful. We stayed at the Jalousie and the beaches don't come close.<BR>My top choices would be Cap Juluca on Anguilla or Little Dix Bay on Virgin Gorda.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 07:34 PM
Susan

Palm Beach, Aruba

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Statia

This is the type of beach that I prefer, as well. I have found it on Shoal Bay, Anguilla, B.W.I.; and Grand Case, St. Martin, F.W.I.<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR><BR>

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Sandy Feet

Shoal Bay in Anguilla BWI can be calm but it depends on the time of year.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Sandy Feet

Me again.<BR>Sorry, didn't mean to sound so cryptic!<BR>It is hard to predict what beach will have FLAT water at a certain time in Anguilla, and I wouldn't want you to be disappointed. Generally speaking the waters are much calmer and clearer during July to October, and slightly rougher over Christmas-time.Hope this helps.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Susan

Meads Bay on Anguilla. Check out the Carimar Beach Club. Small but very well decorated with full kitchens. Also look at Cat Island, specifically the Hawks Nest Resort & Marina. Water is smooth as glass. Then there is Anegada, northern most of the BVI. Island is surrounded by a coral reef, subsequently few if any waves. Good luck in your search.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:08 AM
RichF

I'm very sorry, but you'll have to travel the entire Caribbean before you find a beach as calm, clear, shallow, long and "swimming pool like" as NEGRIL! <BR><BR>Maybe Grace Bay, maybe 7MB Cayman. Don't get me wrong, there are so many great beaches, but few as calm and long, without dark spots (reefs, seagrass and rocks)! Sorry keep looking - because I am.<BR><BR>

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 09:11 AM
linda

Cane Garden Bay in Tortola was glass in June.There are no "resorts" there- just some small Inns. Jost Van Dyke in front of Soggy Dollar, ditto. So was Brewer's Bay(Tortola)