Best Honeymoon All-inclusive Caribbean Vacation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I just want to preface by saying this is the first time I ever use a form and so really hoping I get some kind people to give me their suggestions.

I live in Vancouver BC, Canada, and I am getting married on August 26, 2016. I have never been to the Caribbean islands nor taken a vacation in over 10 years. My honeymoon will be anywhere between August 27 and September 8. I am looking for a romantic and unforgettable experience so your advice would be incredibly helpful. I hear it's storm season and I should avoid the area completely.

Below, I list what it is important for us:

1) Very turquese blue water. I see this in magazines and movies and would love to see it in person!
2) Calm sea
3) Very white sand
4) All inclusive - never experienced this too!
5) Not crowded with hundreds of people around the beach. I hear some resorts have 1000-2000 rooms!!

We do not need nightlife but activities around/at the resort to keep us busy would bye nice.

My budget is around $1500/person And staying at a 4-star or above hotel.

Thank you all sooo much in advance. Really hoping I can find the place I have always been wishing to go!

MK
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 03:35 AM

Yes, late August and September is the height of Hurricane Season in the Caribbean and the most active time for storms. As a result, many resorts are closed during that time frame and that will limit your choices. If you do decide to travel during this period you'd by wise to purchase "Trip Interruption" insurance.

Now for your other requirements - If you truly must have "very white sand" and "very turquoise blue water (on the same island) then you will also limit the number of islands that will fill your bill. Those include some of the Bahamas Out-Islands, the Turks & Caicos (especially resorts on Grace Bay on Providenciales), Anguilla, Aruba, Grand Cayman, Curacao Barbuda and Anegada (the last two are difficult to reach and very sparsely populated).

Here is a question for you - is your $1,500/person budget just for accommodations or does that also include airfare? The answer will significantly affect recommendations as airfare can eat up a lot of that budget.

Even if the budget is just for accommodations (and you are going for a typical week's stay) you are going to find it difficult to find 4-star or above resorts in that price range. Typically they are 50% to 100% more. At that amount you are looking at perhaps 3-star accommodations.

If you can give a little on the "very white sand" and accept "light golden sand" your options will increase dramatically. You can find lots of All Inclusive in your price range in the Dominican Republic (it's the All Inclusive capital of the Caribbean), Jamaica, Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. FYI - a great many of the All inclusive Resorts on these islands remain open in late August and September.
Old Jun 6th, 2016, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would help to know if your budget includes airfare. If it does, you will have difficulty finding a 4 star resort within that range.
Look into the Playa del Carmen area of Mexico.
If your budget is just for the resort, look into the Valentine Imperial Maya, Royal Hideaway, Catalonia Royal Tulum. All are adults only all inclusive resorts. Royal Hideaway is top of the line in service and pampering.
Old Jun 7th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Original Poster

Hi RoamsAround,

Thank you for your very detailed reply and all the information you have provided me. I really didn't expect anyone to read my post and reply so thank you for doing that.

Regarding the trip interruption insurance, I am absolutely going to get that thanks to you. It never occurred to me that this is something I should do so thank you thank you thank you.

To answer your question yes the $1500 is per person. When booking a flight from Vancouver to the Caribbean it seems the average price is around $13-$1600. If you think this is too low for flight and hotel then just let me know and I will have to rearrange my budget. I don't mind giving a little on the white sand beach and having "light Golden" as long as it's a place where I can lay down and enjoy without having pebbles and rough course sand beaneth me.

I am told that Varadero Cuba is a good place as well as Jamaica. What do you think? Do you think I should try the Mayan Riviera (Mexico) side or would you advise to try an island?
Old Jun 8th, 2016, 03:03 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I wanted also to suggest the Mayan Riviera (Mexico). It has everything you are asking for and will be more reasonably priced (coming from BC) than going all the way to a Caribbean island.
Old Jun 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM

If you are interested in Jamaica, I think this is a very helpful website for Negril (90 mins. outside Montego Bay and VERY beautiful).
www.negrilonestop.com

Click on the map of the various hotels on the beach to see what they are like.
Old Jun 9th, 2016, 07:37 AM

>>I am told that Varadero Cuba is a good place as well as Jamaica.<< We did not enjoy Varadero, it is a purpose built area for tourists. There's next to nothing outside of the hotels, some of the hotels do not have great food. The dive excursion was the worst I had experienced and I'm an advanced open water diver. Whilst we thought Havana was phenomenal, Varadero was a huge disappointment. My daughter loved it though and so do many others.

You have some great ideas provided by other posters: Negril is fabulous esp if on a budget. You have great choices of accommodation, it's a fun area, lots to do. The beach is stunning. Maya Riviera is also good but I did not find the beaches as nice and more difficult to swim in, however I still think it is a great option.

Couple others I can add that don't break the bank:-
Jolly Beach in Antigua - do not choose the cheapest room - hotel is on a very very stunning beach.

Bay Gardens Beach resort St Lucia - St Lucia does not have the reputation of the best beaches but the beach this hotel is on is one of the best on the island, golden sand, clear water and near to lots of bars/restaurants.

Barbados has many beautiful sandy beaches with light sand. Have a look at Bougainvillea Beach hotel.

Aruba has some great beaches too.

You won't find a problem with crowds at that time of the year, that is one of the benefits (if you do not experience a hurricane). You might have beaches almost to yourself.
Old Jun 10th, 2016, 04:40 AM

Your budget of $1,500/person if it includes airfare (and you are flying from Vancouver) is low. You'll spend at least half just in airfare alone. So that's going to leave you only about $1,500 for your All inclusive Accommodations. Quite frankly, that's not going to get you anywhere close to the "Best Honeymoon All Inclusive Caribbean Vacation". Look at Resorts in Jamaica, Playa del Carmen (aka Mayan Riviera) or the Dominican republic. Lots of AI's in those places which are both very nice and budget friendly.

Hint, check airline & travel websites for package deals to AI resorts in those locations - you should be able to find several in your price range.
Old Jun 10th, 2016, 10:54 AM

<My budget is around $1500/person And staying at a 4-star or above hotel.>

We really need to know if you intend for airfare to be included in that price, or that is separate. Makes a big difference in making an appropriate suggestion!
Old Jun 17th, 2016, 05:49 AM

Search for a package deal. There are many summer travel promotions right now from Vancouver. Your budget is too low for the requirements that you have. You could consider the Pacific coast of Mexico, it is golden sand and the water not as turquoise but it is much less expensive and convenient from your location. Check out some of the adult only all inclusive resorts like Secrets. There is also Cabo San Lucas.

Royal Hideaway in the Riviera Maya would suit your needs well but it is well above the price range you are considering. I too would be concerned with hurricane season in that part of the world.

You may be able to find a decent package to Hawaii at that time of year....beautiful beaches, good food but not all inclusive. It is a great place for a honeymoon and there are several islands to choose from and no hurricane issues. Check out packages through Air Canada Vacations, WestJet or search at Flight Centre online. You could also rent a condo on your own through any number of agencies or direct with the owner.

Good luck!