Reload this Page >

Where should we stay in Cancun?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 1997, 09:13 AM
Rick

Thanks for your advice. We're going to go to Cancun in March '98. Which of these properties would you recommend (we have teenagers) and why %3D Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas, Cancun Palace or Hyatt Cancun Caribe Villas & Resort? Would you suggest anything else?

Old Aug 17th, 1997, 10:08 AM
Erni Hirsch

First, I recommend against the Cancun Palace. They are known for overcharging. If you do stay there check all your bills. The best place to stay is a group of timeshare that do some rentals. The Royal, Mayan, The Royal Islander and the Royal Caribbean provide Two bedroom sleep 8 accomodations with great views and lots of activities for every age group.

Old Aug 17th, 1997, 10:56 AM
Dee

You might can find additional info on Cancun at www.iminet.com Go to discussion groups, and you'll find one for Cancun.

Old Aug 19th, 1997, 03:16 PM
judy bowen

I HIGHLY RECOMMED THE ROYAL ISLANDERI OR THE ROYAL MYAN OR ROYAL CARIBBEAN. THEY ARE TIMESHARES BUT DO HAVE SOME RENTALS, I HAVE STAYED THERE THE PAST 3 YEARS, IT IS BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN AND THE PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY, HAVE FUN!

Old Aug 19th, 1997, 03:16 PM
judy bowen

I HIGHLY RECOMMED THE ROYAL ISLANDERI OR THE ROYAL MYAN OR ROYAL CARIBBEAN. THEY ARE TIMESHARES BUT DO HAVE SOME RENTALS, I HAVE STAYED THERE THE PAST 3 YEARS, IT IS BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN AND THE PEOPLE ARE VERY FRIENDLY, HAVE FUN!

Old Aug 19th, 1997, 07:52 PM
Sandy

We own a time share at the Royal Islander, and we love it!! You can check on rental availability at www.Royalresorts.com. We are going for two weeks in March. In addition, we rented a suite for our friends. It has a large balcony, living room, kitchen, a large master bedroom, 1 bath, walk-in closet. Maid service everyday except Sunday. The city bus is very close by, and takes you everywhere for about 3 pesos (45 cents). The Royal Mayan,Carribean, and Islander are next to each other and all three facilities are accessible to all guests. They may have lock-offs (1 bdrm, 1 bath, walkin closet, small refrige, no kitchen) for rent, as well as suites and villas.They will give you rates over the internet.You won't regret it. Have a great vacation!

Old Aug 27th, 1997, 09:53 AM
Dan

Ditto the Royals. We stayed there last February and are going again this February. We do not own a timeshare, but friends do. It's clean, the staff is warm and hospitable, and there's lots to do for all ages.

Old Sep 2nd, 1997, 06:43 AM
Dick Moran

We have stayed at the Hyatt Caribe 3 times and had a great time. All units face the ocean. They also have villas which look pretty good. We decided to buy a timeshare at the Royal Islander. VERY nice. A lot more activities for kids. The Hyatt is more adult orented but welcomed our young kids [2,4].

Old Sep 10th, 1997, 06:26 AM
Gail

Re: your msg Royal Mayan, etc. have contacted the internet address - they have no beachfront rentals for Jan. which is when we want to go. Do you have any info on rentals through private owners? i.e. newsletters, word of mouth, etc. Have been to Cancun twice - we love it and would love a condo - any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Sep 10th, 1997, 06:26 AM
Gail

Re: your msg Royal Mayan, etc. have contacted the internet address - they have no beachfront rentals for Jan. which is when we want to go. Do you have any info on rentals through private owners? i.e. newsletters, word of mouth, etc. Have been to Cancun twice - we love it and would love a condo - any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Oct 30th, 1997, 01:27 AM
Jessica

I saw your response and warning regarding the cancun palace. We will be staying at the Beach Palace (sister hotel, right?) in December as that was all that was available for desparados such as ourselves who need a vacation but of course are too busy to plan the same. Tell me more about the palace hotels. Can you say anything nice about them? When did you stay there? Any info would be appreciated.

Old Nov 23rd, 1997, 03:46 PM
Patti

We stayed at the Oasis Cancun. About 3/4 the way down the island, but busses are only 3 pesos and pick you up about every 3 minutes. The hotel was huge - very clean and we felt safe there. Their beachfront is absolutely the best in Cancun! There are three pools that connect. Don't recommend the all-inclusive -you don't really need it because the chow and drinks are so cheap in Cancun ($1.00 for anything delivered to you on the beach)! Have fun!