Search

Coco Reef tobago

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coco Reef tobago

Has anyone been to coco Reef Resort in Tobago? It is top of our list for next spring & I would be interested to hear anyones comments on both the resort & tobago. Thank you in advance
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:44 PM

I was there two years ago. It is basically an All Inclusive resort with a great staff! The grounds are nice and the food is good. Most people who stay there never leave the resort grounds. They have come on charter flights from Britain and Germany.
I don't like all-inclusive and spent a lot of time sightseeing on my own.
I have also been at Blue Waters two times and preferred that laid back atmosphere more.
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:36 AM

I went to Tobago last year and although we stayed at the Hilton, we did visit Coco Reef a couple of times for a drink at sundown and it looked a really nice hotel. If I was going back to Tobago, I would seriously consider staying there.
Regarding Tobago in general - the western end (where Coco Reef is located) is touristy like many other islands - all the hotels etc are concentrated here. However, I would recommend hiring a car and exploring the rest of the island which is completely undeveloped and really lovely. Beaches in the East are typically almost deserted or perhaps just have a few fishermen repairing their nets or whatever.
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Thank you John & Susie & we do plan to hire a car for a few days.
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:38 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for in a hotel, but you might want to know that the Coco Reef is on a very small beach in the midst of Crown Point. Outside the resort, the area is one building after another -- not really any tropical vistas. During certain school holidays, the hotel also gets a lot of children as guests; the ocean is blocked off by a seawall made of big boulders so the water is very calm and so is ideal for youngsters. We like to divide our stays in Tobago between the southern and northern ends of the island. We also like Blue Waters, which is a small hotel with very basic rooms in a picture-perfect location. It's very quiet -- no nightlife, however.