Search

WHAT TO SEE/DO?

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Helen

WHAT TO SEE/DO?

We are heading to PEI for a couple of days at the beginning of September. What should we see and where should we spend our time? Also, any recommendations on any B&Bs? Thanks

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Island Girl

What kinds of things do you like to do? If you're into walking and outdoor activities, I would recommend the new National Park at Greenwich. There's a boardwalk that takes you right out to the beach, very scenic. The interpretive centre is also supposed to be very good, although we didn't get to it last time. There are also some short hikes in the main National Park at Cavendish, you should be able to get a list and a map from the gate attendant. <BR><BR>You may want to check out the art gallery in the Confederation Ctr. in Charlottetown, and if you're there in early September, some of the shows may still be on. <BR><BR>One thing I always want to do when I'm "home" on the Island (but I never have time) is do a day of sea kayaking. There are lots of companies that offer these tours, and I don't think you need kayaking experience. <BR><BR>I'm sure others will have some more ideas for you, and will be able to help with the B&B too. What part of the island were you wanting to stay at?

Old May 14th, 2002, 10:43 AM
david

Helen, head for the west part of the Island after you do Charlottetown. Check out Summerside, and the lovely small villages (Tyne Valley, etc) to the west. Travel up to North Cape and Tignish, and visit the potato museum at O'Leary (really--it's interesting). Stay a night at the Loyalist Country Inn in Summerside--gorgeous rooms, with great food in either the tavern or the dining-room. After the Art Gallery and Confed. Ctre. (see previous poster), don't spend too much time in Charlottetown--it's turned into a tourist trap, imho.

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Jackie

The WestPoint area is beautiful - 45 min from Summerside. You can stay in the Westpoint lighthouse - they have gorgeous old victorian rooms - and the breakfast is wonderful!

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:12 AM
Helen

We are wanting to stay near the beach somewhere- unsure as to area. We will have our one year old son with us so we will be limited into the types of activities we'll be able to do. We will probably be looking for accomadations for a couple of nights and I'm thinking I'd like to stay in a couple of different areas of the island. Any suggestions?