My husband and I are going to drive the Great Ocean Road in Feb or Mar next year from Melbourne to Adelaide and I'd like some people's thoughts on where to stay for overnight. I'm thinking 2 over night stays along the way.
We don't want to rush it and time is flexible (around 7 nights).
We'll be flying in from Perth so probably spend a night in Melbourne and then hit the road the following morning. Our plan is to fly out of Adelaide (after spending a night or two in the Barossa as I'm dying to head back there).
We love scenery, wine and food and I would love to see a koala or two.
Any recommendations of thoughts would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 Avast Renewal Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care!vs**
- 2 Let battle commence! [Ashes 2017-18 thread]
- 3 Best New Zealand Restaurants
- 4 Best New Zealand wineries Napier
- 5 Sydney and Melbourne - hipster areas
- 6 The Waitomo Caves - Travel Report
- 7 Tasman Glacier and Mount Cook - Travel Report
- 8 SH1 north of Kaikoura is open!
- 9 Franz Josef glacier is advancing
- 10 Melbourne lodging locations
- 11 Christmas in Cairns
- 12 30 Days Down Under
- 13 NYE Perth
- 14 Giving Kaikoura's wildlife a helping hand
- 15 Kaikoura-Picton bus service restored
- 16 Australia vs New Zealand to travel in may 2018
- 17 Holiday wit toddler in may 2018
- 18 What to wear in Sydney and Melbourne the next two weeks?
- 19 heli-hike vs flight seeing
- 20 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 21 Roy's Peak/Mt. Roy Track, Wanaka, NZ
- 22 2 week Australia recommendations
- 23 10 Night South Island Itinerary Suggestions Please
- 24 Australia Honeymoon in February
- 25 Queenstown CBD, NZ, parking fees increase