About us: A couple of my friends and I have a few weeks to spare after taking medical board exams and want to travel to Australia before we get too busy to go anywhere. We're all around 25 years old.
What we like: We're more interested in cities, fun nightlife, some cool Aussie-slang (because who wouldn't want to be around that?!) and some nice beaches because we are trying to escape the cold weather - we lived in St Maarten for 2 years so islands aren't on our top list of things to see unless its a must-see. Skydiving, white water rafting, etc also sound fun. We do want to soak up some of the culture so we're willing to check out rainforests, farms, etc. wherever we go. We also want to do some historical stuff but not too heavily.
My question: We only have 14 days max and we're students on a budget but we understand its going to be costly. I'm just beginning my research so I wanted to get ideas from you guys about what places you consider a "must-see" + what is enjoyable for a group in their 20's as well as areas that you think we could skip (whether its something we could do in the States because its not that unique or just something 25 year olds wouldn't probably care about). This is also my first time planning a trip so any advice or itineraries anyone may have would be extremely helpful. We also considered a Contiki trip given that our age group seems to enjoy these but most only go along the East Coast so we would do Melbourne on our own. Additionally, people have said we should definitely do New Zealand as well. Is this all possible within 2 weeks?
These areas seemed to be things that we've heard we must do/are obvious must-do's in Australia:
Surfers Paradise/Gold Coast (QLD)
Cairns/Great Barrier Reef (QLD)
Melbourne - Great Ocean Rd
Please help if possible, I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on making this trip efficient yet fun!
Recent ActivityView all Australia & the Pacific activity »
- 1 American Music Awards 2017
- 2 Coffee treasure hunt in Sydney and Melbourne
- 3 30 Days Down Under
- 4 Hotel areas in Sydney
- 5 Australia for two weeks.
- 6 Fine-tuning South Island Itinerary for February 2018
- 7 Itinerary decisions
- 8 Melbourne lodging locations
- 9 Driving Valbonne - Annecy in December. Which route / where to stay?
- 10 New Years Eve in Sydney
- 11 Climbing the Sydney Bridge???
- 12 Last-Minute Trip To Australia - Dec 2017
- 13 Help planning my visit to Uluru in late February
- 14 Great Ocean Road - how much time?
- 15 Help planning Blue Mountains trip
- 16 Diamantina - what can you tell me about Castle Hill
- 17 4 days in Sydney: what would you recommend?
- 18 First time visiting Australia
- 19 Sun Sand & Surf. Short & Sweet. Tonga & Fiji
- 20 Help! Samoa or Moorea, Indecisive
- 21 Australia dollar
- 22 Australia - first time
- 23 Sydney airport
- 24 Sydney Airport connecting flights
- 25 How many days for Auckland and Christchurch on a 30-day trip?