After several hours of searching and finding conflicting info, I figure I could post several rapid fire questions that educated travelers could easily answer. Will be flying in/out of HCMC with bus trip to Siem Reap in middle. Here goes:
1) Vietnam Visa On Arrival seems like best/cheapest bet as will be landing around midnight and hopefully won't be too much of a wait. Total cost per person should be ~$15 (pre-approval letter) + $65 stamping fee (1 month, multiple entry). True?
2) VN VOA pre-approval letter: is it valid for 30 days from when it is issued from website or is it valid 30 days upon arrival in VN? I don't want to order it early only to have it expire before I even get to VN.
3) Cambodia offers e-visa, and while it is also called Visa On Arrival, it is not the same as the VN Visa On Arrival. That's confusing. Cambodia's VOA is an actual visa and costs $28 total through their Kingdom of Cambodia site. Is it worth getting the e-visa? I read it is only accepted at certain crossings...which leads to:
4) Planning on using Mekong Express bus from HCMC to SR ($27). The bus website says they can obtain the visa quickly and easily at the border crossing. Does e-visa work at the crossing the bus takes, or best to let the bus company take car of it (or is this a possible scam opportunity?)?
If you have experience with any of these issues and wouldn't mind dropping knowledge on me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yahoo Email ! Alerts Passwords Reset Contact $ 1888~482 3831
- 2 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 3 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 4 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 5 need your help with japan itinerary
- 6 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 7 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 8 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 9 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 10 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 12 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 13 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 14 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 15 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 16 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 17 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 18 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 19 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 20 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 21 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 22 Wat Arun
- 23 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 24 Miyajima Island
- 25 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?