Reload this Page >

travel between singapore and bali

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Elle

I am going to be visiting singapore in a few days and would like to visit Bali. What is the best way to get between the islands? I have called a few airlines and haven't found one with direct flights.<BR><BR>Which airlines have direct flights (or same day flights if not direct)? Is it also possible to go by boat? <BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:27 AM
kathy

Hi Elle..Just for fun I did an Expedia search and asked for nonstop roundtrip flights. Garuda (airline) has one, a 2 1/2 hour flight. Don't know a thing about boat transport to Bali from Singapore.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Ursula

Like Kathy said, try Garuda which is the Indonesian air carrier.<BR>I've flown Garuda from Zurich-Jakarta years ago and was pretty pleased, at least as pleased as one can be with an long overseas flight.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Sarah rey

Singapore Airlines have 3 to 4 direct non-stop flights per day ( all wide-bodied ). Garuda has 1 daily flight. Qantas qalso have flights but only 4 per week.<BR>Which airlines were you calling who had 'no flights???', would be interesting to know, or did your travel agent say this.<BR>It takes 2hrs 30 minutes.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:29 AM
Elle

Thanks. I bought tickets on Garunda for USD$268 each roundtrip. Singapore was USD$595 each roundtrip. Very happy with the price on such short notice.<BR><BR>To answer Sara's question: <BR>the other airlines I tried were Cathaway (connects through Bangkok the next day), China, Northwest, and United.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 03:28 PM
Sarah Rey

http://www.airfares.com.sg is a good site for discounted air fares from Singapore.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Jim

Try this site http://www.smarterliving.com/. On the right side under travel tools you will find schedule. Open that and put in where you are flying from to where you are flying to and they will list all the flights for the dates you want to go. The nonstops are listed first. There is also a link to all the airlines that fly that route at the bottom of the page.