Thailand honeymoon

Search

Thailand honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thailand honeymoon

Hi my wife and I are planning our honeymoon to Thailand for 3weeks in the start of April.

Wanted to know what the weather was like during April, I have heard mixed reviews in regards to rain.

Our current itinary is

2 nights Bangkok

6 nights Chiang mai

4 nights Krabi

3 nights phi phi

5 nights Krabi

Wasn't sure if I was trying to squeeze too much in and if I should just do 9 nights in Krabi or Phuket instead of spitting it up.

Any help would be appricated as we leave in couple weeks.

Thank you
Old Mar 26th, 2016, 07:28 AM

you might consider a day trip to phi phi from krabi and just spend most of time at krabi..

a day trip to hog island from krabi is lots of fun... hire a boat to take you there for the day.

have you thought about hotels in krabi--- Amari vogue is fab for honeymoon. Sheraton is also nice or the ritz... that area of krabi is far nicer than ao nang which I feel is sort of honky tonkey...

I might add a couple more days to Bangkok as there is lots to do there.

weather in april... hot and hotter---the warmest month of the year.

pick your bkk hotel carefully... I love a riverside hotel: anantara riverside, peninsula (lux for a fab honeymoon), chatrium riverside

or in town: Conrad, plaza anthanee, st regis, kempenski...

you could certainly cut at least 2 days from chiang mai
Old Mar 26th, 2016, 07:32 AM

btw, not a bad idea to end up in bkk for a day or two before you go home
Old Mar 26th, 2016, 07:43 AM

Rain won't be your problem in April - heat will be!

I'd choose one beach area, as you waste a lot of time each time you change locations.

And I think you have your time in Bangkok vs. Chiang Mai backwards - I'd spend 6 nights in Bangkok - so much to do and see - and 2 in Chiang Mai, but it depends on what you plan to do in CM. If you are planning on driving the Mai Hong Son loop or volunteering at the Elephant Nature Park, fine, but I am quickly bored in CM.
Old Mar 26th, 2016, 08:24 AM

Bangkok will be hot hot hot, but in my experience, CM can be even hotter! Pick your activities carefully to allow time to cool down frequently.

I too would increase my time in Bangkok.

I really like Mai Khao beach on the northern end of Phuket, or Khao Lak, on the mainland, north of the bridge to Phuket. Both offer nice J W Marriott properties.
Old Mar 27th, 2016, 08:11 PM

I live in Thailand. But everyone has a different idea of what fun is. I agree with many of the comments regarding the moving around, Chang Mai is the only place I have not been to. The weather will be hot, and you may be here for Sonkran which is the Thai new year, and a water festival a lot of fun but do not wear anything you are fond of because it will get ruined.
Everything depends on your bugget.
I personally do not enjoy Bangkok, and have not spent enough time there to comment on the many things to do, the summer palace is worthwhile, But I think there is more to thailand than a very hot smoggy city.
Phuket where I once owned a bar is the largest and most expensive island in thailand. Koh Chang second largest I love. And an Island you should consider is Koh Phangan, this Island has something for everyone, north of the main town Thonsala has beautiful beaches and is quiet, to the south is the razamataz of the full moon parties, probably one of the largest in the world, I was there a few days ago and there were 15,000 people on the beach. but is over and done in 4 days, leaving a sleepy town Haad Rin, with some stunning hotels, Sarikantang Resort and Spa is stunning, and not far from there is the resort Sea Breeze which has the most fantastic honeymoon suite on the side of the mountain with one of the most stunning sunsets in thailand, the pool is great too. instead of going back to Krabi go to the island, you are then heading back towards Bangkok. There is loads more I can say but I will let you digest this first.
I hope you have a great time.
Best regards
Graham